Page 85 of 121 FirstFirst ... 718183848586878999 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Logan and Deadpool are better than most of the MCU films.
    Actually these movies are terrific you’re right. I wish all X movies were on point like Logan.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

2. I've got high hopes for New Mutants, but it sounds like they tried to mistakenly reshoot to take it in a more Deadpool direction and are currently moving it back to horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Circumstances lined up for Logan to work so well. Old Man Logan had already come out so they had an idea that it could work. The primary cast wanted to retire. So go out with a bang.

I think I read somewhere it took Fox 10 years to finally make Deadpool from its initial pitch. And only finally approved it when Reynolds leaked the test footage and it got such a positive reaction.

Fox has shown that they are just as capable of making a shit super hero flick as they are a good one. They nearly killed X-Men with 3. I'd say if Dark Phoenix does get made it could sink it for a few years too, or at least make Marvel's job significantly harder. They for sure killed both versions of Fantastic 4 they made.

4. They have a worse track record than Marvel Studios and Disney. I enjoy the continuity of the MCU a lot. Even when a movie is meh (Ultron, Thor 2) the continuity of the characters and general flow of story telling over time carried it with inertia, for better or worse. For the X-Men series I enjoyed the idea behind Days of Future Past when universes were converged very skillfully. But then it went... no where? Age of Apocalypse was trying to be Infinity War without the work to build up Apocalypse the same way Marvel did with Thanos IMO.

Age of X has every bit of the universe shattering potential as Infinity Guantlet did. But they didn't build out a universe to shatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. I really liked Days of Future Past a lot. It was a shame Apocolypse was such a disappointment.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

6. I caught it yesterday. No complaints about the movie. Complaints about the next one.

I don't want to see the 1 in 14 million something victory. This is my main problem with super heroes. Them being exceptional, for me, isn't enough to make that kind of ending enjoyable. I truly don't care. Again, that's for me. I recognize that others are not as crotchety.

Major groans for possible Thanos resolutions:
    - "The power was in us all along!" where they just try harder and beat him
    - Some sort of Gamora hallucination driving him mad/distracting him
    - Him being undone in some other way by hubris or miscalculation
    - Captain Marvel

Major groans for possible plot:
    - Some combination of Time/Life stones to bring back the contractual characters (Spidey, Black Panther, Strange, who else?)

What I'd like to see is that the stones have some kind of limiting power that the Avengers et. al uncover and have to seamlessly blend their talents to employ. It's what surprised me about the original Avengers film and was such a let down in the second one.

Also, and I'm only half joking here: Batman. There is no reason why these sets of characters need to live in separate universes.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    I know he won't stay dead long, but still
    None of that stuff affected me because I've been trained by the few movies I've seen that there are no consequences.

7. I’m about to watch this masterpiece.

So far only 6 other people in the theater, and the ticket was $6.
    Maybe I should make Monday Morning Movies a thing!

8. SSJN should be getting out shortly. Awaiting that review.

9. I cried.

But I cry at everything.

I’ll have to process it a bit, but the only thing that made me roll my eyes was when they could have won, but blah blah blah didnt.

10. Also, I guess they’ve thrown away the whole “I’m killing half the universe to get in Death’s pants” plot point? Wasn’t she aluded to in the Avengers stinger?