Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ... 687880818283848696 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Pretty fucking blown away by Infinity War. Having loved the Infinity Gauntlet story as a kid (and Jim Starlin stuff in general), it was very cool to see it (sorta) brought to life. Got an especially big kick out of the Thanos/Dr. Strange battle, even as short as it was. It was also fun when Scarlet Witch destroys the mind stone, and Thanos just rewinds time to undo it and rips it out of Vision's head himself, lol.

Like EvilMog said, non-comic fans probably shit themselves during the ending...the theater was stone silent when everyone turned to dust, the final shot of Thanos smiling while watching the sunrise, then cut to black.

Crowd got pissed off that Marvel faked them out with no mid-credits scene, lol. The after-credits one was decent, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Just saw it. Wow.

edit: oh wow that was Red Skull
    Possibly the biggest "holy shit" moment in the movie, IMO...I'd been wondering wtf happened to him. Too bad that wasn't actually Hugo Weaving playing him, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Somebody has to be furious that a fully realized Thanos beat Darkseid to market. They fucked up with Steppenwolf in Justice League. Now Darkseid is going to seem like a Thanos rip off, lol
    Heh, very good point...I bet DC is kicking themselves for holding off on Darkseid, but they probably watched Marvel do it with Thanos and figured they could milk it, too. Bad call, Ripley, bad call.

BTW, DC may have nothing to worry about. No concrete plans (at the moment, anyway) for a Justice League sequel after how the original performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    The last half of wonder woman isn't very good. Movie could have ended with her hulking that tower.
    I saw it recently on cable. Decent compared to the other DC stuff but overrated, IMO.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 30 Apr 2018 at 05:52 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Thinking about this some more, and really the only thing I can complain about Infinity War is that it should have been released as a double movie, or release one a month after the other. I know they need to set up Captain Marvel and so forth but I think this story needs finishing fucking now.

3. We're getting the next one in a year, that's as good a turnaround as you can expect on something with so much effects work going into it.

Could be a lot worse, could be a three year wait like from Empire to Jedi.

4. They filmed both of these at the same time though. So I don't think it's unrealistic to think they could have finished them both at the same time, or within a few weeks of each other. Yes there's a lot of effects but its not like they had to release this one this week, it could have been released in June or July and it still would have done this kind of business.

The only way this wait becomes tolerable is if they use the Reality stone to accidentally join universes which for legal reasons could not be used prior to this. An end credit scene in Graymalken New York for example. Or if somehow a new building appears in the New York skyline out of nowhere.

5. They want to give the movie time to make its money.

I love the cliffhanger, it's delightful.

First time in ten years that they really drop you off the cliff like that. I admire their restraint. Up to now everything has been self-contained outside of stingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    They filmed both of these at the same time though. So I don't think it's unrealistic to think they could have finished them both at the same time, or within a few weeks of each other. Yes there's a lot of effects but its not like they had to release this one this week, it could have been released in June or July and it still would have done this kind of business.

The only way this wait becomes tolerable is if they use the Reality stone to accidentally join universes which for legal reasons could not be used prior to this. An end credit scene in Graymalken New York for example. Or if somehow a new building appears in the New York skyline out of nowhere.
    They finished filming this one in July of last year, giving almost a year of post production for it to be ready.

They just finished filming the second one in January. With a similar timeframe you'd be looking at end of this year at the earliest.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    They filmed both of these at the same time though. So I don't think it's unrealistic to think they could have finished them both at the same time, or within a few weeks of each other. Yes there's a lot of effects but its not like they had to release this one this week, it could have been released in June or July and it still would have done this kind of business.
    And cut into the profits of the theater run, DVD, Blu-Ray, merchandise, etc, etc, etc...nope, not happening.

Honestly, I don't see a year being that bad.

The only way this wait becomes tolerable is if they use the Reality stone to accidentally join universes which for legal reasons could not be used prior to this.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Read the comics, watched the movie. That ending is strong.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    They filmed the Lord of the Rings movies together and it still took a year between releases.

There's just no precedent for a big-budget film series doing what you're asking for. The absolute closest case is Back to the Future II and III releasing 7 months apart, and those movies had a looooot less moving pieces.

10. I get it. I just think this could have pulled it off. It would have been a really cool thing to do. 3 or 4 months after the first one came out, drop the second one right when the Bluray is releasing.