Page 96 of 121 FirstFirst ... 82929495969798100110 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Carol Danvers has been around for ages. I mean, Rogue stole her flight/strength powers from her back in the 80's, right?

I have no idea what Melf is bitching about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Carol Danvers was introduced in 1968 and she become the first Ms Marvel in 1977, so she's been around for 50 years, I'll second not having any idea what Melf is bitching about.
    Carol Danvers has been Captain Marvel for 50 years? Damn. It must have happened in one of those alternate Marvel dimensions and not the last half-century of continuity.

You guys didn't even read what I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    In contrast, there have been no fewer than three different CMs, and the most famous one's been dead for 30 years. This version has a history that's extremely convoluted and most movie fans don't know who she is. Marvel wants to fans to instantly love her as much the others, and you can't jump start that kind of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    My point is that there are fans who think CM is kind of a "all of a sudden" hero who's come from out of nowhere to save the universe. Personally, I think they chose her because they're trying (again) to make a Marvel version of Superman, and they've treated this character like shit for 40 years, so why not kill 2 birds with one stone and get a new savior while fixing a fucked up backstory in one swoop?
    Last edited by Melf; 22 Dec 2018 at 11:02 PM.

2. No, we read what you wrote. You're just making arguments that come across more as super hyper fanboy nit-picking than anything else.

I mean, who gives a shit that Carol Danvers hasn't only been Captain Marvel and nothing else for the last 50 years? That's just a bizarre thing to bitch about.

Hey, didn't Captain America stop being Captain America a few times in the comics? Boy, he's lucky that lack of consistency didn't cost him his film franchise!
    Last edited by Dolemite; 22 Dec 2018 at 11:59 PM.

3. Carol's easily a more well-known Captain Marvel than Mar-vell, at this point.

And the "most famous" Captain Marvel isn't even a Marvel character.

4. People who give a shit about the history of Carol whatever, Disney knows you will buy a ticket anyway so they don't give a shit about you.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    No, we read what you wrote. You're just making arguments that come across more as super hyper fanboy nit-picking than anything else.
    They probably are!

I mean, who gives a shit that Carol Danvers hasn't only been Captain Marvel and nothing else for the last 50 years? That's just a bizarre thing to bitch about.
    That wasn't the point, but whatever. Read it, don't, disagree. It's not important.

Hey, didn't Captain America stop being Captain America a few times in the comics? Boy, he's lucky that lack of consistency didn't cost him his film franchise!
    Yeah, Steve Rogers not being Cap for a few months since World War fucking II is EXACTLY the same thing as what Marvel's done with Danvers. Exactly.

Guys, it's a comics movie. Comics fans gonna nitpick.

6. I still don't get how Marvel is shoving her down our throat though. I think she's a great next phase hero to intro now with the probable loss of the MCU original heroes. When they bring over the Xmen after the Fox deal closes she'll also make a pretty great crossover character because of her relationship with Rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

7. I was referring to the controversy in the comics. People are complaining about that (I don't read new comics, don't really care). My beef with Marvel is how they've handled Danvers and how they turned her into a character that's actually a step down from what she was (Binary). They're desperate for a Superman-level character, and none have panned out thus far. I really hope they stick with this and don't morph Danvers again. They need to give her an identity and leave it alone. Personally, I preferred the Monica Rambeau (her black pilot friend in the movie) version of CM. She was much cooler and likely more powerful. Danvers as Ms. Marvel was much cooler. than her current form, imo.

This:

is MUCH better than this (at least they kept the sash):

As Dole said though, it's just nerd nitpicking, lol.

It's guess its actually fine for the films because all the heroes in the MCU are new. I don't know how they'll handle her and Rogue, but it would be interesting to see if they go anywhere with that.
    Last edited by Melf; 23 Dec 2018 at 08:45 PM.

8. I prefer the second costume.

9. Marvel has had multiple Superman level characters, they never work out as that isn't what Marvel is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Superman is boring.