Page 60 of 121 FirstFirst ... 465658596061626474 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. How 'bout instead of Mads Mikkelsen, they use his brother Lars?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Hugh Jackman is listed as being 6'1. 6'5 with the hair. So I think size isn't really a problem unless he is literally Andre the Giant.
    One of the superficial objections to Jackman (from nerds) was that his physique wasn’t classically Wolverine. It wasn’t a huge deal but if Tom Hardy was shorter (and he is) then all the better. Fanservice++

3. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Different studio and universe. Like Evan’s Johnny Storm and Cap could never actually meet. They don’t exist in the same verse.
    I'll bet actual dollars that the majority of people watching these movies have no idea about different universes. Half the people I talk to think Batman and Spider-man are from the same company.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    One of the superficial objections to Jackman (from nerds) was that his physique wasn’t classically Wolverine.
    It's kind of funny to look back and see all the nerd uproar (and sure, I was a part of some of it) over casting that was ultimately proven wrong.

5. Jackman has always said he'd come back to Wolverine if he got to be in something with Captain America, so there is that.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

6. Wanda could always punch reality with the Infinity Gauntlet and House of M a new universe.

7. Marvel has always been comfortable with having a multiverse, I'm not even slightly surprised if they go all Reality Gem whoops now there are X-men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. It would be very easy to introduce the X-Men into the MCU as some fringe group hiding in the shadows (mutants hated and feared, blah blah blah), just like in the comics, instead of having to "explain" why they haven't been around.

Either that, or Drew and I could pull out that awesome X-Men fanfic we traded on and off writing here back in the day and submit it to Disney for consideration.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'll bet actual dollars that the majority of people watching these movies have no idea about different universes. Half the people I talk to think Batman and Spider-man are from the same company.
    Sure but I don’t think they’re writing movies for these people. By nature they wouldn’t even be able to follow along with the convo we are having now.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    It's kind of funny to look back and see all the nerd uproar (and sure, I was a part of some of it) over casting that was ultimately proven wrong.
    Well I’ve never heard someone outright say Jackman sucked as Wolvie. I’ve heard people say he doesn’t look the way Wolverine does in the comics.

Jackman was great stature aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    It would be very easy to introduce the X-Men into the MCU as some fringe group hiding in the shadows (mutants hated and feared, blah blah blah), just like in the comics, instead of having to "explain" why they haven't been around.

Either that, or Drew and I could pull out that awesome X-Men fanfic we traded on and off writing here back in the day and submit it to Disney for consideration.
    We’ll have to rewrite the Scarlet Witch Quicksilver love story now that he’s dead.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 10 Dec 2017 at 10:44 AM.

10. Multiverse is only excusable insofar as it let’s authors continue to write stories with old, tired characters.

Relying on a multiverse to fix your current iteration of the universe is weak. People are talking about using the Flash movie to reboot the Batman franchise, and it is so dumb. Let DC do this and continue to miss the point.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!