Page 59 of 121 FirstFirst ... 455557585960616373 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Yeah, but i did generally look forwards to the very hit or miss that fox was doing with the x-men. Alot was bad, but when it was good it was different good. Now it will be more of the same. Just liked the variety of people who could break from formula.
    Yeah, I see what you're saying...the Fox X-Men movies have been hit-or-miss, but when they hit, they've been pretty damn good. But with Jackman retired from playing Wolverine (maybe...?) and the last X-Men movie sucking so very, very horribly, I think I'mfinally ready for a re-boot. At least you know that Disney X-Men will adhere closer to the look/feel of the comics, which will be a nice switch. The Fox movies strayed pretty far from the source material at times, not to mention the rampant continuity issues.

Now let's get Tom Hardy to quit the stupid Venom movie and cast him as Wolverine.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm just bummed that they wasted Mads Mikkelsen as a Doctor Strange villain. He would have been perfect as Doom.
    So what? No one cared about Evans formerly being Johnny Storm (or if they did they got over it).

3. Evans recently made a joke about doing a Cap/Jonny Storm team up movie with himself.

4. The final fight in Deadpool already takes place on a Shield Helicarrier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    So what? No one cared about Evans formerly being Johnny Storm (or if they did they got over it).
    Different studio and universe. Like Evan’s Johnny Storm and Cap could never actually meet. They don’t exist in the same verse. As soon as you’re in one universe as a character that’s your character until it’s recast/booted

I dont think they should continue any of the Fox XMen stuff over unless it’s in some kind of multiverse angle. Jackman and Stewart had well deserved King’s send offs in Logan.

I’m looking forward to them introducing the mutant characters similarly to how they did Spidey. No more origin stories on established characters.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 08 Dec 2017 at 07:59 PM.

6. if they want to differentiate they can make the uncanny x-men movie

7. Tom Hardy as Wolverine is an excellent idea. He’s burly enough to take the character back to its comic roots, a great actor and a relatively well known name to draw attention. I want that.

8. He's also about a foot taller than he should be.

Shit no he's not.
    He looked so big in the batman!
    Last edited by kedawa; 08 Dec 2017 at 08:54 PM.

9. Hugh Jackman is listed as being 6'1. 6'5 with the hair. So I think size isn't really a problem unless he is literally Andre the Giant.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    True. Besides, Doom's almost always masked, and when he's not, he's disfigured, so it can work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Tom Hardy as Wolverine is an excellent idea. He’s burly enough to take the character back to its comic roots, a great actor and a relatively well known name to draw attention. I want that.
    Exactly.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww