Page 2 of 121 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Runaways could have an after credits scene with the Avengers.

That's probably the movie I most want to see out of that bunch.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I can't wait for the comic fad to be over.
    At this point, you'd just as well say "I can't wait for the James Bond fad to be over." Neither is going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. When did they start releasing four Bond movies a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I can't wait for the comic fad to be over.
    Who cares what movies are released that you aren't going to watch? Since Disney has acquired Marvel, I've seen Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 2.5 The Avengers. I never went to a theater and bought them on Blu Ray. I'll buy Iron Man 3 as well but none of the shit listed above until Iron Man 3.5 The Avengers 2. The rest of Marvel's universe might as well be chick flicks or Michael Moore "documentaries," because my interested level in them is the same.

5. As someone who hates all of these movies, I care because it is sucking all the oxygen out of the room. I'm not saying that summer movie fare was great before, but it was more interesting than friggin comic book adaptions. Comic books. Comic books.

But they're largely coming from Disney. Other than National Treasure, I can't think of a live action Disney movie I've cared about since the original Tron. It's not like the opportunity cost is that high when you consider the source. I don't think the trend/fad is influencing other studios significantly.

It's somewhat like the EA Star Wars thing. I certainly don't care that now Visceral and DICE won't be able to make Dead Space 4 and Battlefield 5 as soon, but I do care that other studios won't be able to make Star Wars games. To me the source of the opportunity cost matters.

7. It's not just Disney. It's also Warner with Batman. Sony with their endless Spiderman reboots. DC is going to try to do the same thing with their characters.

It's not just that it's all that seems to come out these days. It's also that the movies are really really bad.

8. To you, perhaps. To me, they're hit or miss, just like any other genre. Personally, I dig comic book movies if they're done well...but if they're bad, it can take bad to a whole nother level like nothing else (re: Green Lantern, Catwoman).

I don't see why you care so much, brah. I don't like romantic comedies but I don't care that they make a million of them.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 May 2013 at 12:03 PM.

9. I like popcorn movies.
    I'd like to see some big budget explodofests not based on toys or comics. Give me more stuff like District 9 and less plastic toys or paper heroes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I don't see why you care so much, brah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    ... I care because it is sucking all the oxygen out of the room.
    Like SSJN said, these movies are crowding out the rest of the action movie landscape.