Page 93 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7989919293949597107 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Melf is sounding very twitter dinosaurish here.
    I dont think he is, but he’s sounding like it.

I had no idea who Ant-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange or the Guardians of the Galaxy were before their movies came out. I had also never heard of Hawkeye, or Black Widow. Nick Fury was player 2 in that Punisher game. Loki who? Thanos?

I also don't know who Captain Marvel is, and I don't care. I'll still download the movie, and I bet it'll be SWEET.

Whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Whats the problem?
    Nerds gonna nerd.

4. There is no problem, except maybe for Disney, a too much money problem.

We'll see.

If they get as much breathing room as they got with making guardians, cm will probably be fine. Maybe even great.

If they play it too safe because disney plays it safe with most of their female lead mc's it will be tolerable at best.

But it probably won't suck because the source material is lesser known. bad choices from disney could do it however.

(This can be said for everything owned by disney by the way. Most of their bad stuff is because of people in suits. Most of the creative people are great.)

I will say it's a bit odd to spend all this money on build up, all these different movies, only to imply at the end of the last avengers that a character from a new movie that wasn't even out is going to be key.

6. It's also odd the the main character responsible for Thanos' defeat in the comic storyline has only been hinted at in an after-credits scene and nothing else.

7. That's okay with me, that particular character was always kind of flat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. True.

9. If you're talking the average movie goer, then no one knows anyone outside of Cap, Spider-Man, and Hulk. I'm talking longtime comic fans. They are part of the target audience, believe it or not. Why the fuck else would Marvel make two movies of Guardians of the Galaxy? That's obscure even for comic fans. My point is that there are fans who think CM is kind of a "all of a sudden" hero who's come from out of nowhere to save the universe. Personally, I think they chose her because they're trying (again) to make a Marvel version of Superman, and they've treated this character like shit for 40 years, so why not kill 2 birds with one stone and get a new savior while fixing a fucked up backstory in one swoop?
    Last edited by Melf; 19 Dec 2018 at 05:22 PM.

10. I think they’re trying to get a female lead super hero for once.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!