Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7888909192939496106 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Replace Brie Larson with Ryan Reynolds and it looks Green Lantern 2.

2. Same movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. They stole the logo font from Captain Atom, so taking the plot from GL wouldn't surprise me. From what I've seen, Captain Marvel isn't that popular, but Marvel insists on shoving her down everyone's throat.

4. Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Replace Brie Larson with Ryan Reynolds and it looks Green Lantern 2.
    Oh man, it really does.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    They stole the logo font from Captain Atom, so taking the plot from GL wouldn't surprise me. From what I've seen, Captain Marvel isn't that popular, but Marvel insists on shoving her down everyone's throat.
    What? It's no different than Black Panther or Ant-man or Ironman and now they're hugely popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Those characters have literally been around for decades and have pretty much been consistent. They've also been visible in cartoons and other media. In contrast, there have been no fewer than three different CMs, and the most famous one's been dead for 30 years. This version has a history that's extremely convoluted and most movie fans don't know who she is. Marvel wants to fans to instantly love her as much the others, and you can't jump start that kind of thing.

7. She got her powers back when Storm in X-Men was a telepathic space whale briefly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Those characters have literally been around for decades and have pretty much been consistent. They've also been visible in cartoons and other media. In contrast, there have been no fewer than three different CMs, and the most famous one's been dead for 30 years. This version has a history that's extremely convoluted and most movie fans don't know who she is. Marvel wants to fans to instantly love her as much the others, and you can't jump start that kind of thing.
    The people that love Ironman and Ant-man barely knew they existed before the movies. RDJs Tony Stark was first impression of the character. I don't believe Captain Marvel is much different despite the shorter publication history. At any rate it's hardly Marvel "shoving her down our throat". She probably has broader appeal than someone like Ant-man because her powers aren't so idiosyncratic.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

I actually thought they were making a big mistake putting so much money behind an Iron Man movie. Who gives a fuck about Iron Man? This thing is gonna flop. It's good to be wrong sometimes.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Those characters have literally been around for decades and have pretty much been consistent. They've also been visible in cartoons and other media.
    I don't ever remember seeing a Black Panther or Ant-Man cartoon or video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    In contrast, there have been no fewer than three different CMs, and the most famous one's been dead for 30 years. This version has a history that's extremely convoluted and most movie fans don't know who she is.
    The most famous Ant-Man is Hank Pym, and he's been relegated to the role of Obi-Wan in the new movies. I had never heard of Scott Lang before, and I'd wager that I have at least more overall comic book knowledge than the average movie-goer (the target audience of these movies).

Marvel wants to fans to instantly love her as much the others, and you can't jump start that kind of thing.
    The aforementioned average movie-goer had no idea who the fuck Ant-Man, Black Panther, Doctor Strange or the Guardians of the Galaxy were and Marvel jump-started their respective multi-million dollar franchises pretty well. I see zero difference with Captain Marvel in regards to your argument.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 17 Dec 2018 at 08:43 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww