Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8595979899100101103113 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Sony still holds the Spider-Man rights, what you're seeing is contract agreements that were made years ago playing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That's a determination really to be made after you've actually seen the movie and not just the trailer.

Still, Spiderverse is a tough act to follow, I'll give you that.
    I mean Spiderverse may be the best superhero movie ever. But it exists and that's kinda irrelevant. The amount of inferiority complex osmosis nerds are having about it not making as much as MCU flicks is obnoxious. It's already greenlit for sequels and spawned a franchise. Mission accomplished.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. I'm not sure what's with them constantly trying to take Spider-man out of New York with these movies, and specifically framing it in such a way that makes his supporting cast look like dunces for not figuring something's up. Peter's in Washington DC on a field trip with his class and suddenly Spidey, despite being entirely localized in New York up to this point, is in Washington DC saving Peter's classmates while Peter disappears! Huh! Now he's in Europe with his class and whoa what a coincidence, Spidey's also suddenly in Europe? Saving his classmates in particular again! What are the odds?!

I know it happens in comics all the time, but y'know, there's 5 Spidey books a month, that's noise. Two major motion pictures in a row with the same framing just makes the setup look contrived.

4. Spidey will be in China soon.

5. Mary Jane basically has to figure it out or her character will come across as REALLY dumb.

I kinda wish they just went with a Spidey in space idea. Way stranger and more interesting.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca
    I kinda wish they just went with a Spidey in space idea.
    They already did. It was called Infinity War.

That didn't go so well.

8. He will be fine.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    They already did. It was called Infinity War.
    MOAR. WEIRDER!

10. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    He will be fine.
    HOW DO YOU KNOW???