Page 88 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7484868788899092102 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. For Scarlet Witch and most of the "well that mission failed" moments in the movie, I think it comes down to the "being human" aspect. Empathy can be a problem (something villains like to bring up a lot as a weakness). For once Tony Stark wasn't the cause of everything wrong happening.

For SW, she stayed next to Vision to destroy the stone the second the separation was complete. Out in the field, the others thought it was too risky for her to be out there. The extra time to get her back and the possibility of not getting her back to Vision because of the fight was too much to risk (also, she's a great defense to have next to Vision). They had no intention (or real chance) of defeating that army, just buying enough time for the separation to be done. And this whole scenario happens because of the "being human" aspect. She should have destroyed the stone when they found out Thanos was coming but the effort was made in the hope that Vision didn't have to be killed. I've been wondering if Black Panther's sister did anything to the stone before she got chased away.

2. I mean if we’re gonna play this game, why didn’t Strange just use the Time Stone to go back before the fall of Titan and strangle Thanos in the crib?

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. because this isnt minority report

4. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    why couldn’t Strange rewind time and stop Quill from actiing a fool? Why were they bitching about being stuck on the ship when Strange can create portals to anywhere? In fact, why couldnt Strange do any of the shit we saw him do in his movie to help stop/ impede Thanos’ gathering of the stones? Why the eff didnt scarlet witch join the fight sooner? what good was she doing observing Vision? I like that Groot became part of the hammer, but couldnt they come up with a better reason than “derp where did the handle go?”
    Overall, I really liked it and enjoyed my time watching it. But as usual with these dumb movies as soon as you allow a neuron or two to start firing they fall apart.
    You have to assume because this was the only way out of 1.4 million ways that seemed to work, despite Star-Lord's shitty tantrum. Ie. Star-Lord not throwing a tantrum didn't end up with them winning in the end, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

5. IW was really tightly scripted. Justice League I could not tell what sequence of events led anyone to do anything, where as the motivations are all crystal clear and justified in IW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    That scene seemed neither realistic or like good writing to me. Even within the confines of his character. It completely took me out of the movie.
    It's always interesting to me to see other peoples' interpretations of this stuff, though I do wonder if you're doing a little trolling via the, "It completely took me out of the movie," comment. Anyway, a followup question: What about his behavior during the Reality Stone sequence? In other words, did he seem to have plot motivation outside of the Time Stone sequence?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    You have to assume because this was the only way out of 1.4 million ways that seemed to work, despite Star-Lord's shitty tantrum. Ie. Star-Lord not throwing a tantrum didn't end up with them winning in the end, either.
    Exactly. Though that definitely doesn't clear up some of the stuff about the portals on the donut, as he hadn't checked things out then... OR HAD HE?

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    IW was really tightly scripted. Justice League I could not tell what sequence of events led anyone to do anything, where as the motivations are all crystal clear and justified in IW.
    I haven't seen Justice League and wasn't planning on doing so for this reason. Anecdotal, of course, but everyone makes this comment about the writing.

7. Ant man and The Wasp was excellent. An entertaining movie that was stand alone. Didn’t really explain why he wasn’t in Avengers though. The ending was great. Rudd and Fishburn trading Giant-Man sizes like penis sizes was lulz. Interested to see how this ties in to Avengers 4 because the quantum zone had subtle ramifications. “Do you guys just say quantum in front of everything?” was a great line.

So Hope, Pym, and Janet all got dusted in the end credits. I’m a bit bummed because I’d like to see The Wasp help out the Avengers.

Also spoiler theory: Almost certain Scott goes back in time via a quantum vortex to warn the Avengers of Thanos around the time of Avengers 1.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 17 Jul 2018 at 10:44 AM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Didn’t really explain why he wasn’t in Avengers though.
    He was under house arrest the entire movie.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

9. Oh yeah! For some reason I didn't associate that with him being unable to participate. What with the "half the universe gon die" high stakes and all...

10. How the heck did you miss that? The whole point of the movie was for him to get back in his house before Randall Park finds him outside.