Page 90 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7686888990919294104 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. James Gunn has been fired from Guardians 3 after Tweets from 6 years ago resurface. A bunch of offensive offcolor humor, pretty typical for a Troma alum. The biggest shit is that Disney knew what Gunn was about when they hired him. Apparently he made anti-Trump jokes, so a Trumpet dug the old tweets up to be spiteful.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. This is some stupid shit. His 'offensive' jokes seem pretty tame to me, and even if they weren't, why should it matter? He's not the face of the fucking company.

3. Plus given that the thematic focus of the Guardians movies is dealing with abuse through humor, I have a strong suspicion he has quite a bit more right to say whether pedophilia jokes are offensive than most people criticizing him for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

4. The weirdest part is he already publicly apologized for his posts in 2012 before he started the first Guardians movie.

And I'm super pissed because Sony was going to announce a movie yesterday with him that was heavily implied to be related to Bloodborne, and that got dropped, too.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

5. Mike Cernovich is using it as proof that Gunn is a pedophile and Holllywood is a haven for pedophiles. His fan base is eating it up.

6. I guess Disney forgot that they are responsible for some of the most blatantly racist entertainment imaginable back in the day?

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I guess Hollywood forgot that they are responsible for some of the most blatantly racist entertainment imaginable back in the day?
    Fixed.

8. Maybe we should remember that creative individuals are all deviants and we were better off treating them as pariahs with the sex workers and drug addicts.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Thank goodness that I am completely devoid of any talent or creativity.

I’m not, and I’m a full on deviant.