Page 62 of 121 FirstFirst ... 485860616263646676 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That'd be too bad. I dig how they are currently in the 80's with so many things still ahead of them.

(I'd edit these posts together, but the edit button is deleting posts again.)
    Next one is 90s.

That's fine too!

3. Have Dan Stevens travel back in time, and accidentally kill Macovy. Use that to launch a series of Age of Apocalypse movies focusing on different groups of mutants, just like the comics. The final movie folds them into the current MCU.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That'd be too bad. I dig how they are currently in the 80's with so many things still ahead of them.
    At the end of the one before Age of Apocalypse they did the 80s costumes in the war room. That was a great scene that the next movie didn’t deliver on.

They should’ve had an entire lower stakes movie with that team. Maybe fighting Juggy? Then did Apocalypse. But this franchise has been bunged up too much so my faith is gone.

I love the new MCU Spidey stuff. So I want that for the XMen.

5. Dolemite, do you think if disney owned X-men we would have ever gotten "Logan" or "deadpool" the way they were?
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. Well, Fox didn't want Deadpool for years.

7. *Deadpool 3 opens*

Welp, I'm in the MCU now, that's pretty cool. They'll still only give me enough budget for a couple of those Agents of SHIELD jagoffs and an Ant-Man cameo, though. Man, that Tom Holland kid, what a little bitch. Five years ago he would have been begging to be in my movie, he gets to play Spider-Man for one movie and a couple glorified cameos and suddenly he think's he's too good for Deadpool. And did you notice they put the Fox logo on this thing even though the studio barely even exists anymore? We're Disney, we're too pure and innocent to put out a superhero movie with cussing and dick jokes. Woop, bad guys are here, gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    *Deadpool 3 opens*

Welp, I'm in the MCU now, that's pretty cool. They'll still only give me enough budget for a couple of those Agents of SHIELD jagoffs and an Ant-Man cameo, though. Man, that Tom Holland kid, what a little bitch. Five years ago he would have been begging to be in my movie, he gets to play Spider-Man for one movie and a couple glorified cameos and suddenly he think's he's too good for Deadpool. And did you notice they put the Fox logo on this thing even though the studio barely even exists anymore? We're Disney, we're too pure and innocent to put out a superhero movie with cussing and dick jokes. Woop, bad guys are here, gotta go.
    I want this to happen.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Deadpool is actually the only Fox franchise that could carry over. 4th wall and all.
    I could see Deadpool actually referencing the Disney/Fox merger in his movie, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Dolemite, do you think if disney owned X-men we would have ever gotten "Logan" or "deadpool" the way they were?
    Hmm. Good question.

I mean, Disney has released pretty edgy shit, albeit via alternate studios under the Disney umbrella so as to not sully the kid-friendly brand (example: Pulp Fiction by Miramax). But that said, I'm not sure they would have gone as far as Fox did with Logan or Deadpool without Fox testing the waters first. But I think that, given the success of those films, Disney would now be willing to experiment with the occasional R-rated superhero flick of their own, and they would certainly allow future Deadpool movies to go their own route (it should be obvious to all involved that a PG-13 Deadpool movie after what's already been done, while probably still making money, would pretty much kill the series).

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    There aren't enough comic nerds in the world to cover the billion dollars these movies rake in. The movies are most definitely being written to the lowest common denominator, least familiar audience. That's why plot and characterization is so shallow in each one.
    Yeah, these movies aren't raking in the dough they do without some mainstream audience participation. But they also probably wouldn't be getting made if they didn't make so much dough, so it's a double-edged sword. But I enjoy superhero movies, warts and all, so I'll deal. But yes, some more depth and chances taken in the storytelling department would be nice as well.

And yeah, people were just short of rioting in the streets when Jackman was cast as Wolverine.
    Eeh, I don't recall caring that much...I think by that point I had been wrong about against-the-grain casting choices enough that I was willing to give anyone a chance before bitching. I actually think people were more upset about the guy that was cast first (Dougray Scott, or whatever his name was) for some reason.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 11 Dec 2017 at 05:48 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. BTW, Bloomberg is reporting that the deal will be official this week. Comcast has also dropped out of negotiations, as if they had any serious chance of out-bidding Disney.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww