Thread: Ys Seven (PC) - Coming to West, with XSEED's translation.

1. Ys Seven (PC) - Coming to West, with XSEED's translation.

Source: Esterior.net

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten Miller
    In a surprising turn of events, Joyoland is planning to enter the American and European gaming market by releasing an English version of their PC port of Ys Seven in English.

This appears to be using XSEED’s script, and according to Tom with XSEED, but he has stated that it’s likely because Falcom owns the English language script, by all technicalities.

I will keep an eye open on this for more information.
    Sounds good as long as the issues from the Chinese version are fixed- including the gross DRM. Just get it on GOG, or Steam with all the other Ys titles. Ditch SecuROM and use Steamworks CEG instead if you need DRM.

TBQH I wouldn't mind seeing Falcom do a Vita port with a 60 FPS graphic overhaul sometime.

2. Ys Seven crazy lost my interest, though. That new engine isn't nearly as fun as the VI/Felghana/Origins one.

I'd rather the PC version of Napishtim!

Not like I won't buy this anyway, though.

3. Yeah, I'm not sure why, but I'm crazy biased against the party-based Ys games. If Celceta turns out well, I'll have to force myself to buy it. Once I pull the trigger on a Vita, anyways.

4. I've already decided to get Celceta (I'll wait and get my Vita a bit closer to the release date), but would like to see another solo Ys game with jumping. Ys V should be remade like this if that happens.

PC Napishtim is probably just a matter of time on Steam. Four Ys games are up there, counting Ys Chronicles+ as two. I think XSEED will go for completion.

The Brandish series is about due for another go. Dark Revenant on PSP is a good remake of the first, but it'd be nice to see 2 & 3 done similarly on current gen- whether it's Vita, PC, or PS3/360.