Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil deGrasse Tyson's Cosmos

1. Neil deGrasse Tyson's Cosmos

It's been 30 years since Sagan and, like all science, astronomy hasn't been standing still. Seth McFarlane is producing Cosmos, with Neil deGrasse Tyson in the lead spot. 2014, 13 episodes, on Fox. I'm just sad I can't set my DVR that far into the future.

James

2. FUCK THIS SHIT
    Boo, Hiss.

I'm all over that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by icarusfall View Post
    FUCK THIS SHIT
    Why?

5. Let The Cosmos be what it is. Don't "Redo" it.

Let Tyson make his own show.

Seth McFarlane should be raped by wolves.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. This isn't a hollywood cash-in reboot dude. It's a passion project on the part of Sagan's widow, MacFarlane and Tyson (who got involved in that order). Fox fully expects to lose money on it, but keeping MacFarlane happy is worth it to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Sagan did updates to Cosmos when new info was available. Now he's dead, and new info is available. I can't think of a better person to do an update than Tyson

Mike Tyson.

9. As cheesy as it sounds, I think Sagan would love to know that Cosmos became something that continued on and evolved with our understanding of the universe. That said, no one will be able to replace Kermit the Frog teaching me about space.

10. except Mike Tyson.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt