Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic: Lost World (3DS, Wii U)

1. Now, if they leverage the sales to get more out of Sega, that could be bigger (not that most of the rest of Sega outside of PC is very relevant). The other thing is that maybe this is the way to get the console in, as THE system kids ask for (Nintendo usually is but they can take it to the limit) and so parents could get on board. They need to really use the 3DS as a gateway to the WiiU. Tons of kids have those already.
    Last edited by Joust Williams; 17 May 2013 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    The Sonic audience is already a Nintendo audience.
    I'm a walking counterexample to that, but there probably is a significant overlap.

3. On joy another shitty Sonic game.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Nintendo getting the exclusive rights to a Sonic game is such a smart move. This game could sell literally dozens of copies.

5. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Nintendo getting the exclusive rights to a Sonic game is such a smart move. This game could sell literally dozens of copies.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it gets turned to a timed exclusive.

That would be ideal, but this reminds me of Sonic Colors, which never did.

edit: It's going to be weird potentially not getting any Star Wars or Sonic games for a few years. Nice job, Disney and Sega.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 May 2013 at 01:19 PM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Going by opportunity cost (if it cost Nintendo anything, which maybe it did not), I don't know. The Sonic audience is already a Nintendo audience.
    The Wii U has not even won the Nintendo audience yet.

8. That is inevitable though. There aren't any Nintendo games. Which makes me laugh really; why should third parties be bothered to support the system when Nintendo isn't?

9. Mario doesn't count as a Nintendo game anymore?
    It may not be the best Mario, but when has that ever mattered to the fans?
    Monhun has been the killer app for me. "Just one more hunt" turns into another two hours of playing, every time.

If it was Super Mario Galaxy, sure.