Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic: Lost World (3DS, Wii U)

1. No, Mario does count. But there's one Nintendo game and a minigame crapathon. I was just saying that when 3 more Nintendo games are there, the core audience for Nintendo games will be there. I doubt they grew out of those games. Who do you think bought the GC?

2. You, yoshi, me, finch, mzo, tain, chux, sonofdoncd, aurora, opaque, jed, sl!p, biff, nick, mechdeus, no one- but he might have been someone else then, sleeve, bahn, cka, andy, andyrose, animegirl, salt_peanuts, fx, rhydent, couryc, k3v, pbkmax, shinjohnpv, spodaddy, josh, hubbitron, nomi, reirom, diffchan -or did he play smashing drive on xbax?, bonuskun, rated e, compass, will, zidane47, shidoshi, dunlap. Kedawa. Kedawa. Maybe more.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 18 May 2013 at 07:43 PM.

3. I bought 2.

Japanese day one with Luigi's Mansion, Wave Race, and Super Monkey Ball and then modded in time for Rogue Leader US day one, bitches. Best Nintendo hardware ever.

edit: I almost forgot my manly ass purple Japanese Game Boy Player.

edit2: In fact, the GCN and the GBA were really the drivers behind my user name way back at Game Fan. In my disillusion over Sega leaving the hardware business, I felt strongly about supporting the last "real" video game hardware company. Little did I know that those would be Nintendo's last two "real" pieces of video game hardware as well.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 18 May 2013 at 07:07 PM.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    You, yoshi, me, finch, mzo, tain, chux, sonofdoncd, aurora, opaque, jed, sl!p, biff, nick, mechdeus, no one- but he might have been someone else then, sleeve, bahn, cka, andy, andyrose, animegirl, salt_peanuts, fx, rhydent, couryc, k3v, pbkmax, shinjohnpv, spodaddy, josh, hubbitron, nomi, reirom, diffchan -or did he play smashing drive on xbax?, bonuskun, rated e, compass, will, zidane47, shidoshi, dunlap. Maybe more.
    I most certainly did!

For Waverace Blue Storm specifically, Nintendo sucks ass for not doing more Waverace. They're just sitting on great IP's and milking the same ones over and over.

6. I bought a GC near launch with Rogue Leader. In fact, while I'm pretty sure I've said before that the DC was the only system I bought at launch there's a chance I might've gotten the GC day one just because of Star Wars.

Overall it was a bad decision but I was pretty stoked that first week.

It was worth it for Rogue Leader. Playing the demo on a kiosk is what made me buy a Cube.

8. Super Monkey Ball was the game. Especially Monkey Target

Rogue Leader was overrated.

The GC was competitive tech with no gimmicks after the cart wasteland of the N64. Of course I bought it.

Best Zelda, awesome Metroid revival, best real Resident Evil, worst Mario game before the "New" label, etc.

Super Monkey Ball was the best launch game. Rogue Leader was damn good for the turn around time. Luigi's Mansion... who cares?
    Last edited by Mzo; 18 May 2013 at 10:33 PM.

10. Gamecube was the only non-handheld Nintendo console I ever owned while it was still current. It actually had ok third party support for a while and exclusives I wanted.