Page 1 of 24 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Sonic: Lost World (3DS, Wii U)

Sonic: Lost World (3DS, Wii U)

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    Newly registered trademarks and domains point to Sonic's return in something subtitled Lost World(s). Sega Europe trademarked Sonic: Lost World just yesterday, and locked down domains for both SonicLostWorld.com and SonicLostWorlds.com on Monday, May 13.

The cerulean critter's last major outing, discounting Sonic 4 Episode 2, was Sonic Generations in November 2011. Sega's been teasing this year as a big one for Sonic fans, and you have to go back to the days of Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes for as long a gap between major 3D Sonic games.

We've reached out to Sega, but we suspect we'll find out more about Sonic's next outing, and whether it involves more than one lost world or not, at next month's E3 shindig.
    Since Generations was the best Sonic game in a long, long time, and Lost World implies dinosaurs, my hopes are high for this one. There's even a chance for a new character that doesn't suck!
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 May 2013 at 10:28 AM.

2. He turns into a raptor.

Sold!

4. Well that backfired.

It's a dating sim.

5. JP lightgun game gets a home port + Sonic

6. Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Well that backfired.

It's a dating sim.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10797%20-%20animated.gif 
Views:	10462 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	70157  

7. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    That's scary.

Sonic Generations and All Stars Racing Transformed were actually worthwhile quality Sonic games which translated in sales so hopefully they'll continue the streak. With this Lost World name I'm expecting some sort of expansion of that level in Sonic Adventure but it's probably not what that is.

It's a port of The Lost World where you shoot Sonic instead of dinosaurs.

I don't like it, but this is a smart move for Nintendo. My daughter's desire for a Wii U is going to go way up, as she loves Sonic.

10. Going by opportunity cost (if it cost Nintendo anything, which maybe it did not), I don't know. The Sonic audience is already a Nintendo audience.