Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-

1. You should stop hanging around anime fans. They'll ruin a lot of things.

2. Yep.

3. Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    Yeah, I think that was the general thing that kept me off it also. I remember a few cons I went to that while other games were being talked about, the moment guilty gear got mentioned it was the "Best Fighting Game" ever made and nothing Capcom or SNK put out came close to it and the character's were more like real people *rolls eyes* then anything out there at the time. Yeah, I just said fuck this shit and moved on. lol
    I watch almost nothing anime, generally dislike the artform, and still think this is by FAR the best fighting game series. Beyond what those people who have no idea how to play a fighting game said, it's just fantastically balanced that only gets better as you get deeper in.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

4. Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-

The depth is the problem, I think. I don't get to trek out to the arcade very often, and prefer to play locally with friends vs online. KoF and SF are a much easier sell to pick up and play.

GG is lovely and all... But nobody's trying to learn that system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. ECM made me import GG:X for the Dreamcast when it was released and I tried to get into it using Johnny. His play-style was not for me so I didn't play much. Later I tried to start in with Sol, he was easier to use but I still wasn't into it. Once I started trying out Venom way down the road I was sold. Later I started messing around with Potemkin and Testament and they also really worked for me.

Don't make me post my favorite venom combo video again.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The depth is the problem, I think. I don't get to trek out to the arcade very often, and prefer to play locally with friends vs online. KoF and SF are a much easier sell to pick up and play.
    If you need to sell your friends on learning a fighting game, then yes, GG isn't going to happen for you. I had a couple local friends who were into learning fighting games which is how we ended up getting involved in GG, so I got lucky there.

7. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post

GG is lovely and all... But nobody's trying to learn that system.
    Absolutely no question about this. And luckily there are a bevy of other much easier games out there to play. But if you want a game where every hour you put into it actually makes it more fun, as opposed to hitting a point where it gets really simple and boring, than GG is the game for you (in face, the recent accent core was pretty watered down and easy, so that might also be a good place to start). It's a shame to have it written off because anime people like it, that's high school logic.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

8. GG came out around then, so.... Yeah! Pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. GGXX