Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 12345717 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-

1. I kind of hate the bulky redesigns but the fake 2D is spectacular.

And yeah it's kind if hilarious how Sol's sword is now just a huge sharp lighter

2. I won't care about this unless we get in a reasonable amount of time.

3. Hey, at least you have BlazBlue in the meantime.

...actually that makes me kinda agree with you.

Looks amazing. Why does Street Fighter look like shit?

5. It looks really great. Even the chase animation in game was relatively fast, so I doubt it will be THAT annoying, and as it required some sort of odd launcher, I doubt we will see that much of it (remember dusts have a very odd animation, you just don't hit dusts much). I have a bit of issue with how the gravity seems to be working, but I could play around it.

My only worry is they don't give us the SF4/UMvC3 treatment. Guilty gear was the most technical 2d game by a mile, I hope we don't get a light version of that.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

6. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    And yeah it's kind if hilarious how Sol's sword is now just a huge sharp lighter
    I didn't even notice the strike thumbwheel the first time. Amazing.

7. I'll probably pass on the game, but if the soundtrack is good, and not more like the song in the trailer, I will get that.

8. I am really excited about this.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    My only worry is they don't give us the SF4/UMvC3 treatment. Guilty gear was the most technical 2d game by a mile, I hope we don't get a light version of that.
    You should be concerned, as the public comments I've seen from ArcSys about a new GG all point to streamlining and simplifying the game. For example, I remember seeing something about them not including FRCs in the next version of GG. Which may not necessarily be bad in and of itself, but let's hope they do a better job than Capcom did.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dipstick View Post
    You should be concerned, as the public comments I've seen from ArcSys about a new GG all point to streamlining and simplifying the game. For example, I remember seeing something about them not including FRCs in the next version of GG. Which may not necessarily be bad in and of itself, but let's hope they do a better job than Capcom did.
    The game mechanic is more important than the difficulty. I am one of the few that actually enjoyed having a bit of difficulty, but I could see 1-2 frame window for frc's, then a 3-4 frame window after that costs like 35% instead? Something like that would make it playable with a decent reward to becoming more precise.

I'm sure there will be some simplification, but capcom actually did a terrible job. Because they took out everything else, all the execution just went towards very bizzare option selects, which isn't particularly exciting.