Page 30 of 52 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-

1. GG's offense is easier too imo. Roman cancel is a breeze compared to FADC and I can't think of a GG combo that's harder to do than an SF4 one frame link. Even Eddie and Dizzy's big combos that rely on holding and releasing buttons are no harder than Juri's basic b and bs.

2. Yay, friends with shidoshi. Are you playing GG? Also accept my friend request sedition. I'm pretty busy until Friday, but I'll be able to get some games in soon.

Currently I am getting straight up wrecked by the dumbest scrubs, and it is driving me crazy. I can't wait until I know when I can punish and what to punish with. Chipp has this obnoxious move where he's doing a blockstring one minute, then turns invisible and reappears on my head and throws me I guess. Need to figure that out (maybe it's just his normal throw).
    Last edited by cigsthecat; 17 Dec 2014 at 08:21 PM.

3. i don't get my game until.. whenever they lift the embargo or whatever.. haha. It should be this coming tuesday. I'll turn on my ps3 at some point and accept you request though.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

4. You should add herogear, even though I won't get to play tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

5. Yeah, I'm playing it, but I'm still a total newbie to GG.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

6. It's a command throw, he disappears in leaves and throws you, it's basically a slow moving throw box. You can hit him out of it, it's tractable but that might be above your level for the moment.

Faust basics:
    Stand k might be the best anti air in the game, place the opponent near your foot and you will pretty much beat everything.
    Stand S is also very good for a ground poke, end it with a present sometime (or all the time!)
    Basic combo ended is pogo -> going my way.

Next level up:
    His dust has some invincibility in the startup for no apparent reason
    Basic mixup is 2k/214h (command throw)
    Jump up immediate 2k is very powerful versus throws, especially on offense.

Next level up:
    If the 2k hits do stand h -> pogo ect
    If the 2k is blocked, you can either do 2p 2s 2h pogo, or command throw. That's a second level to your mixup!
    Down forwards crawls under many moves, including almost all of ky's fireballs
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    You should add herogear, even though I won't get to play tonight.
    Tried to send you a fr, but nothing comes up for herogear.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    Yeah, I'm playing it, but I'm still a total newbie to GG.
    Perfect, so am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    It's a command throw, he disappears in leaves and throws you, it's basically a slow moving throw box. You can hit him out of it, it's tractable but that might be above your level for the moment.

Faust basics:
    Stand k might be the best anti air in the game, place the opponent near your foot and you will pretty much beat everything.
    Stand S is also very good for a ground poke, end it with a present sometime (or all the time!)
    Basic combo ended is pogo -> going my way.
    Yeah, Faust has a lot of great normals. I've been trying to use 5K, 6P and 2K for anti airs. 6P>item toss, then 5K jc into air combo is rad. 2K is such a great move, been having more success with that starting out. 5S> item toss all day, or 5K>5S> item if I'm close enough.
    Next level up:
    His dust has some invincibility in the startup for no apparent reason
    Basic mixup is 2k/214h (command throw)
    Jump up immediate 2k is very powerful versus throws, especially on offense.
    I'm learning this kind of stuff in training, but I need to get better with movement so I can be in a position to actually apply pressure. I'm getting fairly consistent with his drill cancel, and I'm trying to apply that to super low jump HS in matches as well.
    Next level up:
    If the 2k hits do stand h -> pogo ect
    If the 2k is blocked, you can either do 2p 2s 2h pogo, or command throw. That's a second level to your mixup!
    Down forwards crawls under many moves, including almost all of ky's fireballs
    I really love how you can jump cancel basically everything. Tiger knee going my way seems interesting. Watching Gazou play, it looks like he's getting a lot of mileage out of Air dust for crossups and whatnot.

This intro to Faust has a lot of helpful stuff.

8. I dearly wish this wasn't a Guilty Gear game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I dearly wish this was a new Fist of the North Star game.
    Fixed.

10. I wish it was JoJo.
    It's beautiful, I'd take a lot of licenses.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!