Page 1 of 52 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-

1. Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign-

omg

I miss the sprites already, though.

2. Those look like sprites to me. Either that or those are some of the most poorly animated 3D models ever.
    I wish they'd drop the unpronounceable bullshit titles.

3. GUILTY GEAH EX AAAAHHRRRRRDDDD

It's Unreal Engine and they rotate around the models a few times. I guess it's like 3D emulating 2D?

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Those look like sprites to me. Either that or those are some of the most poorly animated 3D models ever.
    it's 3d models, arc went full dimps and did this like sf4

e: really hope that anime chase cam isn't in the game when they do launches because that'll wear out its welcome mighty fast if it is
    Last edited by cka; 19 May 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Those look like sprites to me. Either that or those are some of the most poorly animated 3D models ever.
    Indeed, i was watching that wondering "so where does unreal come in?". i hope those are sprites, because for 3d models to animate that poorly is unacceptable. looks just like the animation from the og GG.

:edit: so they are models, oh well, hopefuly its just not done, because that looks kind of wonky.

6. I am super excite. My body is ready.

And I'll bet the final game will animate just like that in order to preserve the standard GG feel and highlight hit frames, just like what was done with MK.

7. How the hell do I pronounce that.

8. Looks really good, no stiffer than GG usually looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    How the hell do I pronounce that.
    Ass. That's how.

10. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    I am super excite. My body is ready.

And I'll bet the final game will animate just like that in order to preserve the standard GG feel and highlight hit frames, just like what was done with MK.
    Yeah I think it's animated like that purposefully to give give off the illusion of 2D or at least to make it seem consistent with their older stuff.

But it's definitely 3D, they just dressed it up amazingly well to look like sprites. I'm looking forward to this game but it'll inevitably have all the typically constant Arc Systems Works revisions BS too.