Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)

1. Charge Axe gameplay:

SnS mode is very similar to regular SnS, but slower. Sidehops instead of rolls. Distance closing attack, horizontal combo (seems identical) to a slower, more powerful looking round slash. Axe mode, likewise has some moves just like SA's axe mode (side slash, upslash, overhead chop). You actually have to do a canister charging move to convert filled phials from SnS mode to active/available phials in axe mode. Phial using attacks are nice and flashy.
    Last edited by alan_fatima; 03 Jun 2013 at 03:23 PM.

2. Last edited by Geo; 02 Apr 2014 at 03:30 PM.

3. New gameplay video showing off some new moves for sword and shield (holllaaaaa) and great sword. Gameplay starts around 10:30.

They show off GS's new strong sweep, which can be done after a jump attack (for a nice 1-2 punch) or the strong charge (the curled up one after a slap that does more damage). GS can now also roll into a slap. So if the monster trips or gets KOed or any other kind of punishment scenario where you already have your GS drawn, you can simply roll slap into range and go >strong charge>strong sweep for big damage.

SnS shows off a new back-hop, and a charge attack from the back-hop. The charge attack is a shield swipe preceeding the old jump attack. SnS can also do an aerial attack (for instituting riding status) while stepping up onto a higher elevation and, by doing the dash-attack towards a ledge, can do a quick upwards attack which you can quickly follow with the normal jumping attack.

4. God damn it Capcom, you've already sold me on this fucking game. Just tell me when the NA release is.

5. Opening:

New free hunt-esque mode: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/64300...ter-4/67091365

They've spilled the beans on new systems at the event today, which was marking the completion of the game. With the opening coming out, the Goa Magara vids and all the new TV ads as well, it's probably been the single biggest day ever for MH4 news.

New systems -

"Excavated Equipment"
    There are bascially now rusty lumps for armor as well as weapons. However, the armor looks different from the same armor made from monster parts (this is likely where the old armor designs come in), and the stats, number of slots and rarity are random. So bacially, the grinding for charms also now just became grinding for armor.

"Unknown Forest"
    This has been mentioned before; it's kind of like Moga Forest. It can only be played alone, on quests called "Searches," and the monsters which can appear, items you can get etc. are random each time. You get excavated equipment from here.

"Guild Quests"
    If you do especially well during a solo "Seach" quest you may be able to turn it into a Guild Quest. At that point, the monster, items etc. you can get from it become a fixed, repeatable quest which you now play with other people / online. Repeatedly playing the quest levels it up, making it harder but also increasing the rewards. Guild Quests can also be traded using Street Pass. Furthermore, it looks like some monsters (such as Kukku!) can only appear in the Unknown Forest / Guild Quests, rather than in normal quests as well. Still looking for confirmation on that last part.

Source -
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201308/27039033.html
    ---
    I wonder how large unknown forest is? When mainline MH comes to the 4DS/Vitafollowup/whatever I hope they further expand free hunt into a super large zoneless area with a similar method of scaling difficulty based on solo/multiplayer. Monsters everywhere. Feels like you're just out on an adventure in a big ecosystem. Have to get creative to ditch a monster that's on you (dung bomb, hide, run into another monster/monster's territory, etc. The rest of the game could be the same as always. Oh, bringing back underwater would be great for that, too. Especially if the hardware could make some purdy looking water.

6. This looks and sound rad. As a newcomer to the franchise with MH3U, having a lot of fun with it, I'm all-in for this new installment. Hopefully MH4 is localized sooner rather than (much) later, but it's Capcpom.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    God damn it Capcom, you've already sold me on this fucking game. Just tell me when the NA release is.

hopefully this one has online play so i can enjoy destroying monsters with my fellow tnl'ers. thank you for the vids. so awesome.

9. Yeah, its got online. And its portable. West wins. East wins. Everyone wins.

I'm definitely gonna need a circle pad pro XL for this, though. Not so much for the second slide pad (the monster recenter function works great for single monsters...less so for underwater and double monsters) but for the added grip.
    Last edited by alan_fatima; 27 Aug 2013 at 10:43 PM.

you dont have a xl? it fits perfectly in my massive ham hands. i thought about getting a ccp but it gets in the way of my monster hunter metal case ^^
    how is mh3u treating you? i took a bit of a break to play pokemon and project x zone. just hit g rank.