Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Monster Hunter 4 (3DS)

1. Nobody gave a shit because it was on the PSP and had agonizing load times, game-breaking censorship, and no online play. The first games in the US to care about correcting any of those happen to be on Nintendo platforms. Shut up.

That might make sense if the version that sold so many copies actually fixed all of those issues. However, it was the Wii U version that did, and no one owned a Wii U, especially when that came out.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Nobody gave a shit because it was on the PSP and had agonizing load times, game-breaking censorship, and no online play. The first games in the US to care about correcting any of those happen to be on Nintendo platforms. Shut up.
    ? What censorship do you speak of?
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

4. The removal of blood spurts--the visual cue that you're hitting a weak point.

Interesting, never really thought about it. There are definitely hit sparks so maybe they just changed the color? I don't think it would affect my playing the game, but possibly when just starting, or playing without looking up anything. I'll have to go look into that.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

6. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    That might make sense if the version that sold so many copies actually fixed all of those issues. However, it was the Wii U version that did, and no one owned a Wii U, especially when that came out.
    What? The Wii U version is just an updated version of the Wii game, same with the first 3DS one. The things ARBM mentioned were addressed in the Wii game first, not the Wii U one.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

Well fuck. I forgot completely about the Wii one. I still don't think that changes the root of the sales for the series, though that game's existence at least gives hope that it might be something more worthy.

8. Each release in the US (from my anecdotal standpoint) saw more and more people gain interest as the game was refined and word of mouth grew, culminating in about 400,000 units sold for Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and 600,000 for Monster Hunter 3 on Wii.
    And over 100,000 units sold on a system no one owned doesn't seem too awful.

Freedom Unite was awful. I can't imagine how bad its predecessors were. That seriously sold 400,000 copies?

10. Here's a MH4/MH4U work-in-progress weapon change log if anyone's interested.

http://pastebin.com/MQpJq96j

Charge blade's new elemental boost state mode makes it sound more interesting.