Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Route Zero

1. Kentucky Route Zero

I heard about it today at RockPaperShotgun.

Everything is beautiful and soaked in meaning, images and words that speak directly to the heart and mind. There’s a fair amount of text, both as conversation and description, with one location acted out as a text adventure, which pissed me off at first. When a game is so beautifully constructed, I want to see more of it, but then I realised that I wanted to read more of the game as well, and accepted that there was a reason I couldn’t see that particular interior as I fumbled my way through it. It’s a very reasonable game and one of the most proudly intellectual that I can remember.

Perhaps that’s an odd observation to make, but I think it’s important. I’m accustomed to games that have a point to make or an agenda driving their narrative, and that can be well and good, but it’s incredibly rare to feel such so comfortable in a designer’s ability to challenge and surprise with their own imaginative intelligence as well as references and quotes.
    Full Review

It's well worth playing. Short, yes; amazing, oh my god, I was in shock for the entire duration, it felt so good.

What an incredible adventure game! What fantastic writing, delectable scenes, polished camera-work/direction/interface.

Get it from the devs. This is act 1 of an eventual 5... I only wish they were all finished.

STOP EXCITING ME I'VE SPENT ENOUGH MONEY and I'm about to buy all five acts right now.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

man I just did.

GAMES ARE SO GOOD. I love that they are growing with the fanbase!@#$!%$^$#%^

I have to play papa y yo.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

Superb writing.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie

5. I have this and I like it. Good videogame writing is really hard to come by! Also: Good Art, surreal (I hope you like David Lynch)

Please note that even though this is technically an adventure game, there are almost 0 puzzles. Very visual novel.

Anyway, I emailed the developer and he said that people who purchase from his site will probably get a free Steam key once Valve puts it up. It has already been approved for release.
    Last edited by epmode; 14 Jan 2013 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Anyway, I emailed the developer and he said that people who purchase from his site will probably get a free Steam key once Valve puts it up. It has already been approved for release.
    You are so very in tune with what really matters.

7. This sounds like the title of the next Doc Holiday short movie.

8. Cool beans. I'll probably grab this.
    ...because without the bitter, baby, the sweet ain't as sweet.