Page 1 of 26 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Titanfall (PC, 360, One)

Titanfall (PC, 360, One)

Quote Originally Posted by Eurogamer
    Respawn Entertainment's debut game has leaked ahead of its planned E3 reveal next week.#

It's called Titanfall and is a PC and Xbox One and Xbox 360 game, according to the latest issue of Game Informer magazine, spotted by NeoGAF.

The person who posted the cover image said the Xbox 360 version is being developed by another studio, and the multiplayer-focused game uses the Cloud extensively.

"After a bitter split with Activision and Call of Duty Respawn debuts its bold vision for next-gen multiplayer," reads the magazine.

The cover image shows a woman blasting a mech, which is in keeping with existing reports about the game.
    I guarantee you Microsoft will wrongfully claim this as one of their 15 "exclusives," so make it an alleged 14 now. Hopefully they spent a ton of money buying it too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gameinformertitanfall.jpg 
Views:	789 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	70402  

2. This game is on the Source Engine and the magazine cover has not-Alyx shooting not-Dog. Can't we just call this Half Life 3?

Hell no. I'd rather HL3 never exist than be bastardized into a competitive shooter by the Call of Duty clowns.

4. One of the rumored XB1 exclusives comes true, plus it's also coming out for PC which is great. Looking forward to seeing this in action at E3.

This summary from neogaf of the laughable Game Informer leaked story sounds pretty interesting:

- Xbox One, PC
    - Xbox 360 version developed by someone else
    - Planned to target current gen, but realized that they couldn't run it
    - Started to look into next gen and the answer they got from Microsoft intrigued them
    - They said they needed to focus on fewer hardware. In the future they are open to more. They don't specify if it would be this project or another.
    - Plan to use Microsoft's Cloud for dedicated servers and physics and AI calculations
    - Spring 2014 Release Date
    - There are a good amount of screens. In my opinion it visually looks pretty nice.
    - First person shooter
    - "Mech" and ground combat
    - "Mech's" are called Titans.
    - They want these Titans to feel fast. They can dodge etc.
    - If you don't want to pilot the Titan you can have it follow you, killing people as it goes along.
    - Player characters are called Pilots
    - They are extremely agile. Can run on walls, multiple jumps.
    - They can take down Titans. Jumping on them and shooting the "brain".
    - You need to be cunning as a pilot. "Hit and fade" tactics is the term the game director uses.
    - Pilots come equipped with a variety of weapons. Pistol, Assault Rifle, Anti-Titan Rocket Launcher, data knife used to hack AI characters into joining you.
    - There are AI enemies on the maps.
    - You survive longer than in COD. Making it more welcoming to newcomers.
    - Source Engine. Building new engine = too much time.
    - Source gives them 60 fps
    - Modified Source - "Rewriting major portions of it".
    - Article talks about the process of forming the team, being fired, prototyping ideas etc. I recommend reading it.
    - Going for a District 9 or Blade Runner vibe.
    - Integrate memorable single player moments into a multiplayer game.
    - Storytelling style will be more Left 4 Dead.
    - Humans segregated between Earth and frontier planets. Corporation trying to take the resources of these frontier people

5. How is that not a Microsoft exclusive?

6. I think it's a timed exclusive and I think MS were referring to 15 first party exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    How is that not a Microsoft exclusive?
    They said Xbox One exclusives not Microsoft exclusives. If they really meant the latter, I hope 10 of them are on the 360 version of XBLA.

8. They're talking about consoles. Who gives a fuck?

9. SpoDaddy

It's worth downloading the 1gb gameplay video from here: http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_60f...-14188_en.html

This game looks amazing. For an armchair E3 watcher like me, this is my game of show.