Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sega Master System Games and Appreciation Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Cases over boxes is more important than the art if we have to choose.
    While I give SoA a point for the boxes, they generally should've had the Japanese cover artwork on them- or at least something better than what was on the inserts. There are some exceptions, like the one for R-Type (actually the Mark III boxart isn't that great in this case).

Got what appeared to be a busted Genny 3 button controller that was super easy to fix for free. Cut that gray wire like a barbarian and tried out Super Wonder Boy in Super Monster Land.

It's sooooo much better with this controller. Beat it easily (which isn't new) but I managed to save spells instead of crapping them out constantly like an incontinent wizard.

Got a bunch of impressions to put up on other games soon.

I've never beaten the last boss in that game.

You suck.

4. While you were out there, meeting girls, getting a real job, getting married, and having kids, Mzo was playing intendo.
    Don't feel bad for yourself.

Quick first impression of Golden Axe Warrior: shameless Zelda ripoff. It looks and plays pretty great, though. Excited to play through it.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. I've been meaning to sit down and play that one for years, but something always comes up.

It's your penis, isn't it?

8. Busted!

Ghosbusters on the SMS is actually fun. You can shoot on the fucking stairs. YOU CAN SHOOT ON THE FUCKING STAIRS. What the hell, Micronics. Fuck you.

Finally finished a single path in Outrun SMS; I'm gonna try and see them all. It's really fun to play despite the limitations of the hardware.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery