Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sega Master System Games and Appreciation Thread

A store near me has Outrun 3D but it has a $100 price tag. That's apparently the going rate now for a CIB version but that's definitely too high for me. At least Battle Outrun's still cheap. It's pretty good although it's more of a Chase HQ clone than an Outrun game.

Just beat R-Type on the SMS. It's a surprisingly decent port. The sprites are overall much smaller, making it look more like a Gradius game than R-Type. It also affects their hit boxes and makes groups of enemies a bit harder to hit than usual. It also didn't feel like I could shoot as quickly as I would've liked. Flickering is out of control in some parts. The levels and bosses are reproduced faithfully enough to provide the same feeling as the arcade game. It's obviously been outclassed many times over the years, but for its time I'd think this was pretty good.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

3. Did you go to the exclusive level?

If only you could play the TG16 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Did you go to the exclusive level?
    NO WTF. Now I have to look this up.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    If only you could play the TG16 version.
    haha, I wanted to start with the worst and work my way up once I'd memorized the levels.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

I had the tg version first, but I stil like the sms game.

7. I remember playing the SMS version with friends, and one guy would sit in front of the machine, tapping the pause button so we would have a kind of slo-mo to get through the stages. We were almost at the end and the dumbass hit the reset button by mistake.

I'd say the real dumbass is the person that designed the machine with that feature in the first place.

Seriously. What the fuck, 1980's Sega?

10. Some games had you press pause to access the item screen. Nothing better than accidentally freezing the game by trying to equip a new sword!