Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 313151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sega Master System Games and Appreciation Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    So how is there not a gg to sms converter?
    Palette issues, like others have said, although there are ways to convert a GG game to SMS.. It's just not something that can be done with an adapter. There are a lot of Brazilian releases and bootlegs like that.

Well, what about a gg to gen converter? Does the gen not have those colors?

Nope, surprisingly.

The numbers may be off, but iirc the game gear has 4092 possible colors and the gen only has 512

5. Someone made an unofficial port of Triple Trouble to SMS. It's playable, but still has a few bugs.
    Video of port

SMS games can't use the Genesis's FM either. It is possible to make or mod a SMS adapter using the SMS FM chip, though. FM sounds off on some games, but some like Space Harrier 3D and Fantasy Zone II sound much better with it.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 10 Dec 2013 at 03:21 PM.

6. Genesis and SMS have 512 colours, while GG has 4096.
    I think the FM audio actually takes away from the character of some SMS games.
    R-Type sounds better without it.

Wtf at the gg having more colors.

8. Makes sense, came out a few years later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

I'm curious about the homebrew port of GG Power Strike II to SMS. How downgraded is it? Could the SMS handle this much detail with its palette? I can't imagine it looking the same.

10. I was so pumped out when I found out my Everdrive played SMS games and then a little bummed it didn't play GG games. I'd love to play GG Shinobi on my SD setup.