Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sega Master System Games and Appreciation Thread

1. I meant Wonder Boy in Monster World. The Genesis version is just better.
    I can't keep that fucking series straight, since there's about 492034 games and only some of them are numbered.

2. Oh, yeah, Wonder Boy in Monster World is not very good on SMS. None of the Genesis to SMS ports are very good. Although Thunderblade is strangely superior to its Genesis counterpart.

I don't know why you'd bring up the one bad SMS WB game to make that point, though.

3. Yeah, it's no Double Dragon.

4. If you want a Castlevania clone on the MS, try Master of Darkness. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    That's what all the SMS kids said.
    Phantasy Star still looks great today. It was absolutely amazing back in the day, and it shows just how better the MS hardware is. Try playing dungeon crawlers on the NES, like Swords and Serpents or Dungeon Magic. They're horrible.

I also recommend:

- Golvellius: Valley of Doom - Awesome side-scrolling action RPG
    - Zillion- Very Metroid-like
    - Spellcaster - neat action/adventure with cut scenes
    - Castle of Illusion - different from the Genesis version (longer and with a different style of play)
    - Lucky Dime Caper - Donald Duck platformer
    - Ninja Gaiden - Similar to the NES games

Also, get yourself a Light Phaser gun. There are some amazing games, like Rescue Mission, Gangster Town, and Rambo III. If you can find some 3D glasses, Maze Hunter 3D and Missile Defense 3D are incredible.

5. My favorite SMS game was a Castlevania-ish game that I think was called Haunted Mansion but I'm not sure. It was on a card instead of a cartridge.

And there was a shooter that shared a cart with Hang On that I really loved at the time, but I can't remember what that's called either.

Ghost House, which Frog mentioned. I dunno, it looks weird. I can try it, I guess.

If by shooter you mean shoot-'em-up it's Astro Warrior. If you meant the light gun game it's Safari Hunt.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. Ghost House is super-weird. It's like a whole game based around tricks, shortcuts, and easter eggs.

It will probably take a while before you even figure it out enough to beat the first level, but once you do, it's kind of awesome. It's very underrated, but it's also underrated for good reason. Because it's fucking weird and hard to get into.

8. When I was a kid, I always wanted to play Golvellius but never got around to it. I finally played it a few years ago for the first time and I thought it was horrendous. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

9. I haven't played it since I was a kid, and I used the cheat code.
    But I liked it back then!

10. I loved Golvellius when I had it as a kid, even finished it without a cheat code. Haven't played it at all in about 20 years, so no idea how it holds up.

I think I have about 100 SMS games boxed up somewhere. I should dig around for that.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in