Page 1 of 29 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sega Master System Games and Appreciation Thread

The Sega Master System Games and Appreciation Thread

Goddamn this system is a pile of shit.

If my parents had bought me this instead of an NES I would have killed myself. They would have found my tiny body swinging lifelessly from a belt in the closet.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

2. Pretty much.

If you were into 1980s arcade ports, it kicked the living shit out of the NES. It's a good thing Nintendo employed every monopolistic tactic in the book to ensure third parties didn't support it.

edit: Also, Frog's going to lose his shit when he sees that first post.

edit2: The SMS was a lot like the GameCube without the ridiculous controller. It was fantastic hardware that suffered a fate it didn't deserve. The damn thing had native RGB out in 1987. And don't forget that Phantasy Star beat both Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy to the US.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 06 Jun 2013 at 09:46 PM.

Oh yeah? Awesome ports like this pile of shit After Burner I'm playing right now? Or the garbage version of Space Harrier? The worst Double Dragon of all time? A nasty and stuttery OutRun? Maybe Vigilante, the worst fucking game ever made?

Those 80's arcade ports?

Have you played the NES versions of Afterburner and Space Harrier?

But how about Sagaia, Wonder Boy, Shinobi, Galaxy Force, Golden Axe, and R-Type?

edit: I forgot Quartet and Outrun.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 06 Jun 2013 at 09:54 PM.

I can't buy every game at once. Give me some time.

Next up are Rampage and Wonder Boy.

Sega should have realized their system was garbage and modified the games heavily during the conversion to a home console. The whole point of the sprite scaler games is to sit in a fancy cockpit and see the crazy fast action and the explosions; it's all style over substance. Take away the style and you realize there were just the barest game molecules holding it all together.

Good companies like Konami knew how to make arcade ports for inferior systems.

edit: I mentioned OutRun (which at least is still fun to play, even if it looks and scrolls like shit when compared to Rad Racer) and really, Quartet? Were your arms able to reach the bottom of the barrel on their own, or did you use some sort of tool to pull that one out?

7. Dragons Trap, Fantasy Zone series, and Golden Axe Warrior yo. I'd like to try out Ninja Gaiden too but hopes are not high.

I'm not angry at you, Mzo.

I'm just very disappointed.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Have you played the NES versions of Afterburner and Space Harrier?

But how about Sagaia, Wonder Boy, Shinobi, Galaxy Force, Golden Axe, and R-Type?

edit: I forgot Quartet and Outrun.

Soooooo get a PC Engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Good companies like Konami knew how to make arcade ports for inferior systems.
    Comparing anyone to Konami during that generation is going to be a blowout.