Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sega Master System Games and Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Low View Post
    Soooooo get a PC Engine.
    I'm not talking about now. I'm talking about at the time.

Yeah, I agree it's not very fair.

I don't regret my purchase at all. I know I will love Wonder Boy 1-3, Phantasy Star, and Golden Axe Warrior (if I ever find it for less than a million dollars).

I really wasn't prepared for how bad it would be.

Oh, the built-in Hang On is actually really good. I just sat there playing it for like 2 hours the other day.

There are good non-arcade games too. Kenseiden is one I didn't learn about until way late, for example.

Yeah, that looked like a decent Castlevania-like. Definitely list all the good stuff here, I'm enjoying the system as much as I am enjoying talking shit about it.

I love the shape and the color scheme of the system itself, and how the carts line up with the red... it's super slick (for 80's stuff I guess).

The arcade ports were the reason to get it in 88, but they are irrelevant now. There are plenty of other games that are great. The Wonder Boy series, Shinobi (sms game is quite different than the arcade,) Kenseiden, the Sonic series (same as GG games but better on sms) and Phantasy Star, all great.

Overall, the system's library doesn't hold up to the NES, but it still has a lot worth playing.

Nobody said Fantasy Zone 1 or 2 yet D=

I really want to play Galactic Protectors but Mark III games don't fit in the SMS ;___;

7. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Nobody said Fantasy Zone 1 or 2 yet D=

Oops.

I don't know if I want to get into the other region stuff. It's all a little confusing. I know most Euro stuff will just work, but were some of these games the original arcade ports before the Genesis versions or were they done simultaneously or at a later date to feed Brazil's rabid hunger for SMS games?

Like Altered Beast, for example. I think I'd rather keep my Genesis copy and never worry about the SMS version.

I've also heard Rastan is a decent port. I know there's a Euro Bubble Bobble I kind of want.

9. Bubble Bobble was awesome on the sms when i was a kid. not sure if it holds up though.

I recommend Asterix, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Assault City, Pro Wrestling, and Kung Fu Kid.

10. Spellcaster, G'n'G, Castle of Illusion, R-Type, Choplifter, Montezuma's Revenge, Zillion, and Wonder Boy in Monster Land are all fun.