Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dying Light (PC, PS4, One)

1. "fun"

was really "this game would need a shit ton of extra work in the next month for it to be any fun to play"

2. This looks ten times more exciting to me than H1Z1, State of Decay, or any of the other shitty consolized DayZ ripoffs.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.

3. It looks decent but I'll wait if it's just another huge fetch quest like Dead Island.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

4. Odds are high it's going to be terrible
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

5. Apparently there is a glitch at Gamestop online. People who purchase the $20 season pass code are instead receiving the full game code.
    Edit: found on cag, maybe ps4 only?
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 27 Jan 2015 at 08:57 AM.

6. I picked this up. Got a few hours into it. It's promising so far. Excellent atmosphere. Looks like a go here get that type of game though. Lots of skills to open up. Some of you guys may really dig this.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle

It might have been worth the $30 it would have cost had I preordered, but that ship sailed when they held back review copies. The problem is that by the time it gets back to that price, I probably won't care. For anyone still interested, the Face-Off is up:

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    As things stand, anyone with an interest in the game should be able to enjoy it on any of the three platforms. Between the two console versions we definitely have to give the nod to the PS4 version with its improved frame-rate and better texture streaming, its higher resolution, and a near complete lack of screen-tear. However, anyone with a decent gaming PC should definitely stick to the computer version as it offers excellent scalability alongside further improved visuals. Ultimately, we were impressed with Techland's first release on this new generation of gaming hardware and look forward to seeing more of Chrome Engine 6 in the future.

8. Perhaps I should fish out that "I ain't got no time for 7's" quote. Even though it was specifically about JRPGs
    This has been my best selling PS4 game, mostly because everyone else seems to have not ordered many. Neither did I, but I'm lucky if I sell a couple of any new release here.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Perhaps I should fish out that "I ain't got no time for 7's" quote. Even though it was specifically about JRPGs
    You're pretty much right, which is largely why I won't care by the time the price drops again. Last year was pretty bad in terms of new releases, so there was a little extra time. This year will likely set a higher bar, although GTAV getting pushed back left a hole early on.

10. I got about 21 hours into this now. I recommend it. Much better than I was expecting. In fact it's one of the better games I've played recently. Excellent co-op also. I'd give it an 8 at least.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle