Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MOJO from Mad Catz

MOJO from Mad Catz

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    The burgeoning Android micro-console market's increasingly crowded Thunderdome has found itself another theoretical contestant: Mad Catz, which today announced its intentions to unveil "Project M.O.J.O" during next week's E3 proceedings.

Beyond the fact that Project M.O.J.O has been "designed to interact seamlessly" with Mad Catz's Gamesmart line of peripherals, nothing else is known about the product with regards to its technical specifications, pricing structure or even what its real name is – we're assuming "Project M.O.J.O" won't be going on the box.

Surely, the answers to all (or most) of these questions will be revealed sometime next week, at which point we'll see how Project M.O.J.O stacks up against the Ouya, Gamestick and Gamepop.
    Link
    Last edited by Yoshi; 15 Jun 2013 at 05:14 PM.

2. Has Mad Catz gotten any better over the years? Aside from some arcade sticks (which weren't all that great) I've not used them since PS1 era, and they were synonymous with garbage back then.

Their arcade sticks are a de facto standard at least in the US. I can't speak to anything else they make though.

4. I thought they were a standard case that everyone then bought new sticks and buttons for (meaning, in my mind, that they weren't all that great).

There are two versions. The Tournament Edition is great out of the box, though I did replace its Sanwa parts with Seimitsu ones for shooter purposes.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Has Mad Catz gotten any better over the years? Aside from some arcade sticks (which weren't all that great) I've not used them since PS1 era, and they were synonymous with garbage back then.
    I dug their Saturn-style SF4 pads. Actually they've kind of transitioned to a more boutique peripheral-maker since they doubled down on the FGC stuff. Used to be they were the go-to name for any cheap accessory at major retailers, now they don't even have a presence at most. It's all PDP and Power A now.

7. Sanwa is perfectly adequate. People were happy swapping stock parts for theirs before Seimitsu came along.

Even the non-TE stick is pretty good.

I've used I think 3 new non-TE sticks, and they ranged from really bad to just bad. I think its really random on the quality which isn't a good sign.

Eventually though you have to move the stick about 75% of the way toward a direction before it registers, which isn't good. Technically it still works, but its not good quality. The buttons are okay, but noticeably worse than sanwas.

About mad catz, they aren't the shithouse they used to be. I feel like once they starting making the Guitar Hero and RB controllers, they were the 'best' on the market for specialty controllers and changed strategy to improving the quality of their stuff.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

9. Mad Catz is perfectly fine these days, way better than the rubberized Dreamcast controllers of the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Their RetroCon and MicroCon controllers were well designed, but the quality was dodgy.
    Making a functioning arcade stick is hardly an achievement, especially considering the fact that all of the controls are manufactured by another company.
    After several iterations, they've managed to make a problem-free shell and PCB for the TE sticks.