Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare (PC, PS4, 360/One)

1. This looks a lot like dungeon defenders.

3. I, for one, am shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I can't believe that guy did that to Aurora.

Eurogamer: 8/10

This is going to be the most tempted I've been to supporting Origin, but I think I can hold out.

6. Play on 360 then? I haven't had to bother with Origin on that version.

Game is fun, played a bit with Bacon too. Reminds me of ME3 multiplayer. Each 'class' that has unlockable types which behave different from each other while staying in the same wheelhouse. Also, skills for similar classes between plants and zombies are not exactly the same. Like a zombie soldier has a machine gun type weapon while a peashooter' primary attack is slower, single shot, and has some splash damage on it.

Little stuff like that makes it feel like each side and all the classes are worth trying out. Plus the flow of the game is fun and I'm a sucker for the cartoony art style.

My only gripe is stuff is unlocked like ME3 too - buying packs of stuff at different tiers. You earn the currency pretty fast (especially in their defend/capture mode) but it's still a pain. Then, the 360 version has weird hitches loading in textures etc. I dunno if loading the game to the HDD fixes this.
    Last edited by Hero; 01 Mar 2014 at 02:36 PM.

I haven't had a 360 for at least a couple years. I can't remember exactly when I sold my Japanese one to GohanX. My current plan is to get a used copy on PS4 to make sure neither EA nor Microsoft get any money from me, but I will admit Origin is going to be an increasing temptation with this and the forthcoming Star Wars games.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I haven't had a 360 for at least a couple years. I can't remember exactly when I sold my Japanese one to GohanX. My current plan is to get a used copy on PS4 to make sure neither EA nor Microsoft get any money from me, but I will admit Origin is going to be an increasing temptation with this and the forthcoming Star Wars games.
    Nobody cares.

Edge: 5/10

I can't remember the last time Eurogamer and Edge were that disconnected.

10. That's not a lot of review to go on, to figure why they were so disappointed.

They seem to cite bad aiming and slow moving as sticking points. While I think the movement is slow, the maps are at least designed with it in mind (unlike some maps in CoD Ghosts that are so wide, even sprinting to a hotspot takes time). As far as aiming...I seem to do better in this game than most team shooters, score-wise. So if a dummy like me can get decent scores...wouldn't that mean the aiming's working? I haven't felt it being wrong or inaccurate...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.