Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Clancy's The Division (PC, PS4, One)

Tom Clancy's The Division (PC, PS4, One)

Pending the Sony and Nintendo shows, this is my leader for new game of the show:

More from Eurogamer
    Last edited by Yoshi; 20 Aug 2013 at 12:51 PM.

2. Ooooh, that looks sweet! Clancy games are some of my favorite shooters and this looks like it has huge potential to bring Clancy back on top.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

3. Don't care about Clancy games, but this looks pretty rad. It definitely has my attention.

4. Technically impressive, and I love co-op, but I'm wondering what the interesting hook is supposed to be in terms of story, antagonists, and why players should be compelled to keep playing this game.

They claim it's an RPG, but I'm having a hard time imagining what worthwhile quests they will create from what was shown.

5. Do not play well with others. Solo or gtfo.
    Boo, Hiss.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Technically impressive, and I love co-op, but I'm wondering what the interesting hook is supposed to be in terms of story, antagonists, and why players should be compelled to keep playing this game.
    xcooldudex + bmbrandx + Evilmog = Division Fireteam 1 on PS4. This game looks like a fantastic experience and I'm interested to see how deeply the MMO/RPG aspects are integrated into what they have shown. Conceptually a co-op team based + seamless team based PvP MMO shooter is really awesome, especially with the gritty Tom Clancy tactical style they have going.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

7. First thought: Jesus, even Tom Clancy's doing zombies now?
    Second thought: at least it's an interesting take on the trope, one we haven't really ever seen before - not only are they fast, they retain enough intelligence to operate firearms.
    Third thought: it's surprising it took this long for somebody to steal (and hopefully improve on?) Borderlands' "Diablo: The Shooter" gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

8. I don't think there's a zombie thing going on here...

9. post apocalyptic, totally. zombies? not yet.

It's a pandemic. I don't think zombies have anything to do with it.