Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 818202122

Thread: The Order: 1886 (PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Not that I think the lack of indicators is a GOOD thing, but why would you want to do that just to get some trophies? That seems really un-fun to babysit your weapon selection.
    It's just a completionist thing. I won't try to defend it beyond that.

Chapters V-VIII continue the steep upward trajectory from Chapter I's mess. As of this point, I consider the game worth playing for sure, though that could go either way over the second half. Some of the reviews I read before launch I now know to be factually incorrect. One claimed there were only two human enemy types. I can think of four or five offhand. There is another specific claim that also appears false, but it's spoiler-ish, so I'll save it for when I know for sure and will mark it as such.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Chapters V-VIII continue the steep upward trajectory from Chapter I's mess. As of this point, I consider the game worth playing for sure, though that could go either way over the second half. Some of the reviews I read before launch I now know to be factually incorrect. One claimed there were only two human enemy types. I can think of four or five offhand. There is another specific claim that also appears false, but it's spoiler-ish, so I'll save it for when I know for sure and will mark it as such.
    IAWTP. The only Chapter I didn't like that much was Chapter 10, and that mostly has to do with my own gameplay preferences...The reviews for this are pretty damn bogus, and it's a shame that so many people are going to be swayed from playing through a fantastic experience because of those reviews.

4. I didn't pay much attention to chapters since many chapters are just cutscenes.

Great game though! I'm torn because its a $60 experience but I don't think the game is worth $60. I enjoyed the polish but didn't really care for the story until at least halfway through the game. Maybe that was the point when I could finally follow what was going on.

The problem I have with the game though is that I feel like they misled everyone as to what kind of game it was. While technically it's a cover shooter, I feel it's closer to a Telltale game or Heavy Rain. More like an interactive movie. There's nothing wrong with that kinda game for what it is but if it's not what you're expecting, it's easy to see why you'd have a prob with it.

Is DLC coming shortly? I'm gonna be passing my copy around to friends and family because I'm recommending people not to buy it.

5. I started this. It's OK, not up to Gears level.

To me it just kept getting better through the end. I'll tell you the biggest thing it's missing compared to Gears: the satisfying melee attack. There is definitely no chainsaw equivalent here.

7. I don't know. I'm not that far in (Chapter 4?), but things don't feel very "meaty" (in terms of weapons or enemies). It kind of reminds me of the gunplay in Resistance so far. There's no satisfaction of unloading a clip into an enemy and have them stagger and then you're active reloading and getting stronger. You just kind of shoot, they fall over dead, shoot, dead

Kind of want to play Gears again actually. Play 10 minutes of the combat in this and then 10 minutes in that and I think it'd be night and day.