Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2131333435363739 ... LastLast

Thread: Killer Instinct (XBONE) C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

I'm sorely tempted, but KI is going to require Windows 10, right? I don't want to give up my beloved Windows 7 and I'm not sure how well dual-booting works.

Quote Originally Posted by sedition View Post
    $40 for everything Killer Instinct on the PC.
    They'll have to offer me more than that.

3. Quote Originally Posted by bVork View Post
    I'm sorely tempted, but KI is going to require Windows 10, right? I don't want to give up my beloved Windows 7 and I'm not sure how well dual-booting works.
    Ok, I'll bite. Why?

4. There's not much risk in trying it out.
    The Windows Update version of Windows 10 has a pretty awesome uninstall process.
    The preview was struggling with my video card drivers, so I went back to 8.1 and other than having a couple of junk folders to delete, it went back to exactly the way I left it before I installed 10.

Because there are a lot of games from 1997-2001 that don't work or have serious issues in Windows 8 and up. Jedi Knight, for instance, only runs in software mode. Same with Populous: The Beginning. I guess at some point I'm going to have to build a dedicated old games computer, especially with a lot of newer video card drivers removing depreciated functions, but I'd still rather delay that as long as possible.

Edit: you know what? At some point I'm going to have to suck it up and deal with it. I just bought Killer Instinct. It'll motivate me to sort it all out ASAP.
    Last edited by bVork; 10 Jul 2015 at 12:51 AM.

Is that true of stuff like Jedi Knight on Steam or just the original discs?

True of both. The Steam version of Jedi Knight is a disaster with many issues beyond that, though.

Season 3 coming to PC in March, exclusive to Windows 10. Number of reasons to "upgrade" remains at zero.

9. Other than W10 being a better OS, ok

10. Make sure to grab Season One for free on Games with Gold, too. Seems it's cross-buy with the eventual PC release.

Here's hoping at least that is Windows 7 compatible.