Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2456781020 ... LastLast

Thread: Killer Instinct (XBONE) C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

1. I actually like the style of the game and the video Korly posted of that dude's impressions seem to indicate a potentially good fighter given what he's said of the fighting system and the developers dedication to the IP. My issue is mainly with the way they're setting it up as a free to play/pay per fighter model since it's not really being treated as a full game release and we don't know how much each character costs so they can definitely try to nickel and dime you.

They updated the incorrect information. Its not a f2p thing like tekken revolution. Its being treated as a full game release.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

3. Quote Originally Posted by Darmonde View Post
    They updated the incorrect information. Its not a f2p thing like tekken revolution. Its being treated as a full game release.
    Ah okay well that's good to hear.

4. That doesn't make any sense. There were actual details given about the F2P model, including which character was included for free.

5. backpedal.gif?
    Has it begun?

I was using the term 'f2p' meaning: game goes forever with endless currency, trying to suck your life away and spend money on shit forever.

This is: a fighting game, with a demo, that has a free character. The demo has fully functional online. You can purchase more characters/modes/who knows as you see fit. OR you can just buy the full game.

All of this might change, but so far, that's how it is. So not really a backpedal, just a new and confusing model that people keep trying to shove into currently existing pigeonholes.

Edit: Tekken Revolution sounds like a fighting game F2P game. It limits your play time, enourages you to keep turning it on to check in, lets you spend as much real money as you want. Has stats you can boost, so sounds kind of pay2win.
    Last edited by Darmonde; 12 Jun 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

7. As far as stupid DLC goes, have there been any fighting games where you can actually buy new moves for characters? If not, I'm sure that's how they'll bleed folks dry next...incomplete characters that can't compete with the tricked-out ones.

8. http://m.youtube.com/#/user/Miles923...ser%2FMiles923

I don't know how to embed through tapatalk, but check out the producer interview here. It explains some about pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    [url]
    I don't know how to embed through tapatalk, but check out the producer interview here. It explains some about pricing.
    fixed the link.

Last edited by Darmonde; 12 Jun 2013 at 01:23 PM.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

10. Alright that makes more sense, that was a really good interview.