Page 1 of 10 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Machinarium

Machinarium

The developer of the Samorost games are making a full fledged adventure game this time. I loved the artwork in those games but the gameplay was a little simplistic. This should fix that.
    http://www.adventuregamers.com/newsitem.php?id=1514

2. Samorost was a great game, and I never got around to the second one. Hopefully this hits XBLA and PSN.

Is it just me or has there been a lot of good news about indie gaming? For instance PA's game hitting XBLA, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet looks great, Space Giraffe is... well... different, Sam and Max getting a DVD release, and now this. Has it always been like this, or have I had my head up my ass?

that's gorgeous.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by kuro
    Has it always been like this, or have I had my head up my ass?
    There does seem to be an increase in artistically creative ones lately. Aquaria's another one hopefully coming soon.

5. I think we have XBLA to thank for the recent shift.

6. And we have Achievements to thank for making me care about XBLA.

7. I've always wanted these guys to make something that's more of a 'game'. The art style that they use is fucking fantastic.

"All creatures will DIE, and all things will be BROKEN: That is the law of the SAMURAI."

Quote Originally Posted by kuro View Post
    Is it just me or has there been a lot of good news about indie gaming?
    Indie games are garnering attention because there is, for the first time ever, a way of releasing them to a wide audience on a console. There have always been lots of indie games for PC, but nobody on TNL seems to use their computers for gaming. I'm tempted to make an eternal "indie games thread" to point out all of the games coming out all the time. Check out Hap Hazard and Out Of Your Mind, for instance.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    And we have Achievements to thank for making me care about XBLA.
    Cause you certainly don't give a damn about good games :P

Quote Originally Posted by bVork
    but nobody on TNL seems to use their computers for gaming.
    The cool people do.

I'm tempted to make an eternal "indie games thread" to point out all of the games coming out all the time.
    I think it's worth making threads for the individual games if they're good enough. I'm not a big fan of the semi-recent TNL trend of official threads for systems and such.