Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33434546474849 LastLast

Thread: Killer Instinct (XBONE) C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER

1. Your Sadira has gotten way better. Destroyed my Glacius so I switched to Orchid. Check my activity feed where I lose one and win one.

2. Just watched those yesterday, some very close matches! Your Galacius still tends to wreck my Eyedol, but he's over 100 fights now so I'm going to keep him around. Thinking of replacing Sadira with Rash again, he was my first and I still really enjoy using him.

3. This game looks pretty gorgeous on PC.

4. The Shadow Lords mode is now live.

5. Thanks for the heads up Rumpy, I knew it was coming out this month but forgot to check!

Spent several hours with this mode yesterday, and I'm hooked. It throws resource gathering/management into the fighting mix as well as team building and upgrading. The Guardian system is fun and provides some cool bonuses like regenerating armor or poison damage over time or a free combo breaker after damage. Managing health becomes interesting as you wager how much you need to beat that next enemy, and can you do it without using a healing item. The little story bits are a fun distraction, reminds me of the way something like FTL handles mini events. I'm 19 turns into my first playthrough, and I've stuck with pretty much the first 3 characters I got (Jago, Fulgore, Saberwolf) since I'm familiar with them, hoping I get a Rash soon. You can also take all the buffing items and Guardians into MP matches, which can be a little crazy. I was neck and neck with a guy last night until we both had about 45% health, at which point I popped my reserve item which gave me full Instinct, longer lasting instinct, and unlimited Shadow moves for 30 seconds. It sure was cheap, but it was also a LOT of fun.

This really is the best fightmans game, without question.

6. I made it to Turn 11 on my first go through with Jago, Kim and Fulgore. I'm terrible with Kim. It's tough.

7. You should get the option to recruit a new one soon. I replaced Kim with Saberwolf at the first opportunity because I haven't used her much yet. Shortly after you'll have a few more options, I stuck with Jago Ful and Saber though.

Soon a new challenger will appear!

I have no idea how to play a KI game.

9. Hit the dojo, son.

I just ordered it from Amazon, it's still in the 20% off window.