Page 1 of 52 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

1. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

JP release date: May 29th
    EU/NA release date: May 30th

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/

Features:

• The new anti-gravity feature allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs. Players will speed through courses and find themselves suddenly racing on walls in a haunted mansion or upside-down over Princess Peach’s Castle as their wheels automatically rotate and shift into anti-gravity gear.
    • Mario Kart TV lets players share highlight videos they submitted to Miiverse.
    • Experience a wealth of features that span the series, including 12-player online competitive play. Elements first introduced in Mario Kart 7, such as hang gliders and underwater racing, along with elements introduced in Mario Kart Wii, such as motorbikes and performing tricks in mid-air, also make their return.
    • Fan-favorites Waluigi and Toadette re-join the cast of familiar characters from the Mushroom Kingdom.
    • Crisp HD graphics and a 60-frames-per-second frame rate offer players the most visually stunning entry in the series yet.
    Last edited by Geo; 02 Apr 2014 at 02:29 PM.

2. "We should put anti-gravity tracks in our next racing game."
    "Like a new F-Zero?"
    "Like a new what now?"

3. Nintendo wins E3.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

4. Sonic Racing Transformed set the bar high for this, but at least from what little we've seen so far, it looks like they recognize that and this game is better for it. I actually really like the anti-grav switch, as from the trailer it seems to be used for alternate routes, and I imagine it will be neat to see from the driver's/player's perspective. Hopefully the tracks are great, that's another area where Sonic Racing Transformed shines.

5. Man, Mario Kart 7 was preinstalled on my 3DS and it bores me to tears. Nintendo needs to start spacing these out. There's almost no difference between them and half the tracks are always repeats!

6. After the incredibly well-designed tracks and non-bullshit power-ups of Sonic Transformed, I just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

7. Sonic and All Stars Racing did set the bar but it's still great to see Mario Kart make the leap to current/"next-gen" standards.

This looks quite good, Yoshi's character model in particular looks like a cool claymation model and the added hover gimmick seems like it could add some dimension to it. Unfortunately it's still a way off release wise but it definitely would make my list of games to buy for a Wii U whenever more games became readily available.

8. Did it have Rosalina?
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

9. This, along with the new Mario, and a much cheaper Wii U could get me to bite. I haven't been excited for a Mario Kart in ages.
    bastard of the new world order.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Did it have Rosalina?
    This man knows what is up. Rosalina is awesome in Mario Kart Wii.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.