Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3141434445464749 ... LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

1. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Personally right now I say fuck Seagate. The external that died on me was a Seagate one. In doing some research Seagate right now has terrible reliability, with something like an almost 30% failure rate with in 3 years. I replaced it with a Toshiba Canvio Desk, and I have an empty external case that I'm going to drop a 1TB WD Black into. That way once a month or something I can back up my Wii U external drive.
    Hard drive manufacturers gonna be hard drive manufacturers. The way I see it, they're all like this on and off. I actually got two Seagate externals over the past three years because WD drives kept failing on me. Maybe it's just a crapshoot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    The price is incredible for the content, no doubt.

Geo, did you get a deluxe, or the white Wii U. I've got the Deluxe and I have MH3U, SM3DW, Pikmin 3 and oodles of VC games and I'm good on space still.
    MH3U, Zeldar Waking Wind and Game & Wario + downloads for me and I'm not much different. Maybe he just hates physical media.

2. Oh yeah, I have WWHD also. I should probably play it.

3. Seagate seems to be excessively worse than the others right now.

Which worries me since I have 2 Seagates in one of my raids, think it might be time soon to replace them with WDs.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

I don't feel enough attention is being paid to the important part of the DLC:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK8 DLC.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	74933

It's only $1.50 per color!

5. Not to keep going off-topic about this, but
    Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    Geo, did you get a deluxe, or the white Wii U. I've got the Deluxe and I have MH3U, SM3DW, Pikmin 3 and oodles of VC games and I'm good on space still.
    White. It's been fine for the indie games, VC games, and updates so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Personally right now I say fuck Seagate. The external that died on me was a Seagate one. In doing some research Seagate right now has terrible reliability, with something like an almost 30% failure rate with in 3 years. I replaced it with a Toshiba Canvio Desk, and I have an empty external case that I'm going to drop a 1TB WD Black into. That way once a month or something I can back up my Wii U external drive.
    Thanks for this and the info in your next post, will definitely keep in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    Back on topic, 12 dollars to double the amount of tracks it's really fucking good. This is basically an old school expansion pack.
    This new MK8 content looks fantastic and I want to play it.

Don't forget you can use a flash drive. I'm leaning toward just getting a 64B one of those and calling it a day. I don't expect tons of digital stuff on the platform. I'd love to just use my old 60GB PS3 drive, but I don't think I have an external casing for it.

edit: I found on of these in my closet that I forgot I had:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812232002

I guess I'll see how long my old PS3 HDD lasts unprotected using that.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 27 Aug 2014 at 11:10 AM.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    I don't feel enough attention is being paid to the important part of the DLC:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MK8 DLC.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	74933

It's only $1.50 per color!
    The bundle having the Yoshi and Shy Guys makes it even better.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Don't forget you can use a flash drive. I'm leaning toward just getting a 64B one of those and calling it a day.
    Some games may have issues with flash drives. Not all flash drives are created equally, and for some games you'll want something with a fast enough write speed. Supposedly some folks were having issues on Neogaf with flash drives and MK8, since it writes replays to the drive at the end of each race or during, some folks were having lock ups when the race ended. They switched to either internal storage, or an actual hdd and the problem went away. So just be aware of that.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

9. Best Buy had a 32GB Sandisk USB3.0 stick for $12 yesterday. I almost bought it until I remembered I have way more flash drives than I need. HOWEVER! The other 32GB stick I have works just fine in my Wii U, should I plan on going over.

10. I would buy a flash drive for the WiiU. But never an external HD. Probably