Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Mad Max (PC, PS4, One)

1. I've gotten a few hours into it now and I'm starting to encounter heavy frame rate drops. I'm playing PS4 so maybe the PC has no such issues. Still enjoying the game but it's flawed. The map needs the ability to search for specific things. A map where you can't filter things out is not ideal for this kind of game.

2. OK so that frame dropping? Holy fuck. Game is barely playable right now. I'm hoping it's a thing with sleep mode on the ps4, as I don't usually close the game I'm playing when I stop for the evening. Otherwise I may be leaving it alone for a while.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there goes any interest I had in ever playing this. GG WB.
    If this is all it took, they never lost a sale.

4. But lashing out at nothing worth talking about has more of an impact if you pretended to care in the first place.

5. 25 hours in, beat the final mission with Jeet and Gutgash's areas down to Threat Level 0 and the rest down to Threat Level 1. Talk about a surprise, bought it for £20 from GMG with fairly low expectations but the game's really bloody good. I rarely ever finish sandbox games (Exceptions being GTAV, Red Dead Redemption, GTA Vice City & Saints Row 2) so it's a testament to how good the game is that it held my attention long enough to get to the end of it! It's odd how this game has the same activity bloat as other modern sandbox games, but never got tedious or repetitive enough to discourage me from playing hours of the game at a time. Totally worth the price I paid! PC version runs fantastic as well. Avalanche know how to make good PC ports!

Also, here's my Max and Rig after beating the final mission...

Death Rattle body is godly.

6. OK so the frame rate thing mostly vanished upon restarting the game. The game is a bit buggy. The next time I played it vehicles would start rotating in the air like there was a gravity gun somewhere. Hit record on that shit, as it was kinda funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Foundry
    The PC version of Mad Max may only deliver a relatively minor graphical upgrade over the console versions at 1080p, but the ability to run the game at 60fps provides a definite edge where gameplay is concerned. 1080p60 is easy to achieve on higher-end systems with room to breathe in terms of upwards scalability to 1440p and beyond. For those with lower-end hardware the game offers up plenty of adjustable settings ranging from texture quality and geometry complexity, to lighting and post-processing - allowing for plenty of scalability in order to achieve 30fps and 60fps on broad range of configurations. Mad Max appears well-optimised on PC and getting a satisfyingly playable experience with a good level of graphical quality should be easily achievable on most gaming-orientated PC set-ups.

Avalanche Studios has also spent a lot of care and attention with the console versions too. The near-locked 30fps update ensures that gameplay stays smooth and consistent for extended periods, while the general presentation between the two consoles is pretty closely matched with mostly identical effects and artwork. A reduced Xbox One resolution probably wouldn't have had a huge impact on the game's visual presentation bearing in mind the heavy post-processing, but the fact that Avalanche has retained full HD resolution on both versions is obviously a nice bonus.

With that in mind, can one single console version of the game emerge triumphant from the Digital Foundry Thunderdome? Well, if pressed, we'd say that the appearance of lower resolution textures and a slightly less stable frame-rate on PS4 makes the Xbox One game the one to have if you have access to both machines, but the bottom line is that this is one of the closest cross-platform games we've seen yet and it's a game we can recommend regardless of platform..
    Link

The Xbox gets a rare first loser finish!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Link

The Xbox gets a rare first loser finish!
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

9. Finished this tonight. Ending was different. The game lets you resume playing after finishing the story but it kinda feels weird. The horrible frame drops stopped, but there were still points where there was too much shit going on for stable frame rates.

Interesting game, glad I played it. Now to move on to MGSv.