Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Sports Game Thread

1. Wow. Never have I wanted to play a golf game like I do now.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    Wow. Never have I wanted to play a golf game like I do now.
    I've actually been excited for this game game for a while now. I actually enjoyed the golf in GTA V but the one course made it redundant. This game should offer endless courses that just look,amazing and the fact you can customize, creat, and hopefully share is just icing.

3. Number one in da hood, G!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10372975_648398788571483_5650705015578108296_o.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	74438

That record will probably last a few hours, at most.

4. Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    Number one in da hood, G!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10372975_648398788571483_5650705015578108296_o.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	328.6 KB 
ID:	74438

That record will probably last a few hours, at most.

Congratulations on reaching the pinnacle of success...

5. Does anyone else play FIFA 14 on PS4? I just started getting into it this week, and it is pretty sweet once you learn the controls.

6. I wish I had recorded the live gameplay for this game. All I have are the post-game highlights.

I gave up 5 runs in the top of the 9th.

I scored 5 runs in the bottom of the 9th, including a 3-run home run with 2 outs that bounced off the top of the wall.

I hit a walk-off home run off the foul pole in the bottom of the 13th.

Baseball is better!
    Last edited by jyoung; 21 Jun 2014 at 11:49 PM.

7. It would be really nice if EA could tell us if EASHL will in fact be or not be in next gen versions of NHL 15. In other news though, who is excited for The Golf Club?

8. I am, actually. I almost bought the Early Access version but I didn't. I love good golf games.

9. I'm holding out for PS4 Golf Club.

It's releasing a week later, but it will have a higher resolution than the Xbox One version:

Quote Originally Posted by hb studios
    The PlayStation 4 will be running at 1080p with framerates of 30-40 fps. The Xbox One will be running at 720p with framerates from 30-45 fps (possibly a bit higher). Both will have the graphical equivalent of the ‘High’ settings seen in Early Access on the PC.

Allow me to address some questions from the get go: The reason the game is 720p on the Xbox One is simple -- we couldn't get the framerates we wanted at higher resolutions.

I also would like to discuss the framerates. Do not get bogged down in this number. These framerates run very smoothly on the consoles. Unlike many games, we have separate threads for the input and the graphics rendering on the consoles. So while the graphics threads render at the above numbers, the input thread runs at 60 frames per second on both consoles. So overall performance feels higher than what you may be imaging the number 30-40 fps represents. Framerates on the PC are not on separate threads, but they are also not capped.

10. The last golf game I played a lot of was Mario Golf for the NES. I played a little of the later Mario Golf games at friends houses, but only a tad. However, my interest in sports games, particularly those I previously had no interest in but now love (MLB The Show for example), and my enjoyment in the golf mini-game in GTAV, have gotten me very excited for this game, particularly with how many courses there will be and how varied they can be. Sucks Sony is taking their sweet time with certification process, but I'll be getting it day 1 on PS4 whenever it hits.