Page 1 of 35 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer 2013)?

What Are You Playing (Summer 2013)?

Akumajo Dracula (FDS) - After being frustrated by the quartet of 1986 shooters I own for the Famicom (Gradius, Star Soldier, Sqoon, and Tiger Heli), it was nice to tear through four bosses in this on my first credit. Best of all, the FDS version saves your game, so I'll be heading for Death, literally and figuratively, the next time I turn it on.

The Last of Us (PS3) - I'm roughly 40% done with this, based on the location lists I've seen. I don't believe I've played a game that delivers the mood of the protagonists to the player so perfectly. I am still not a fan of the gun play, but I've added the bow and arrow to my stable of go-to weapons, along with strangling, shivs, and molotovs. The nail bombs have potential, but I have not yet found an occasion to use one really well.

Plants vs. Zombies (PSV) - I have 92% of the trophies in this, but the last couple are a bitch, as there is much luck involved. I am especially dreading trying to acquire all of the Zen Garden plants. Hopefully by some miracle that occurs naturally while knocking out the rest of the survival modes, as those are all I have left.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 24 Jun 2013 at 04:04 PM.

2. I am playing NSMBU now that you can play with the Pro Controller. It's OK.

3. I started playing through 3d dot game heroes again, like the source material it rips off/homages, its still pretty fun in hour-long spurts (basically a dungeon a night and a handful of side quest grindy crap)

4. I... I had to stop playing Radiata Stories. There's just too much text. I'm breaking things off amicably now and selling it. I know myself well enough to know that if I don't, I'll string it along for two dozen hours, fostering resentment over the walls of dialogue and undulations in the difficulty curve, stressing out over unexplored branches of the decision tree. I'll put it back on the shelf and think, "Someday," but we'll both know there won't be a someday. We'll learn to hate each other, then to forget each other. I'll move. I'll put it into a box. Later, a game will remind me of "that game I played where you can make, like, time-choices," but I'll have forgotten the name of the game just a few feet below me in the basement in the box.

It's better this way.

Does anyone want it?

5. No.

I tried playing The Testament of Sherlock Holmes but it has too many areas of shittiness

6. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    I... I had to stop playing Radiata Stories. There's just too much text. I'm breaking things off amicably now and selling it. I know myself well enough to know that if I don't, I'll string it along for two dozen hours, fostering resentment over the walls of dialogue and undulations in the difficulty curve, stressing out over unexplored branches of the decision tree. I'll put it back on the shelf and think, "Someday," but we'll both know there won't be a someday. We'll learn to hate each other, then to forget each other. I'll move. I'll put it into a box. Later, a game will remind me of "that game I played where you can make, like, time-choices," but I'll have forgotten the name of the game just a few feet below me in the basement in the box.

It's better this way.

Does anyone want it?
    No, but I hope you'll write my eulogy.

7. We are here today to honor our friend Pineapple, who has at last failed at everything.

8. I, likewise, own Radiata Stories and will never finish it.

I started playing Dishonored. The combat is far too fun to play through it all sneaky-like, at least on the first go. Oh, and I got back to Sonic Transformed Race whatever. It's so good. I can't get all the fanservice but this game is super rad.

My only complaint is that every character had just one picture during conversations for the entire game.

Oh and the main character's run was stupid looking.

Aside from that the game is fantastic.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

10. Who pays attention to conversations in a racing game?
    jokes