Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2131333435

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer 2013)?

1. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    "your princess is in another castle"
    ahahahahhahabhabannan.

It's funny once you realize that thing is from another thing!

2. Lionheart (Amiga): Good Legendary Axe/Rastan type slasher with Henk Nieborg (Flink/Lomax/Contra 4) on graphics detail. Rivals a lot of 16-bit console games from the time and even some X68000 ones. Rockin' BGM.

Soccer Kid (Amiga/AGA): Along with Samurai Shodown, it was one of my faves on 3DO while I had that system. While the 3DO's voices are missing (like the sheep going "BAA" and the farmers grumbling "Gidawff my land!"), the graphics and sound still hold their own (I actually like the chiptunes over the redbook, they're that good).

Shadow of the Beast (JPN Megadrive): Forget the EA version, this is definitely better. Just goes to show what difference a lot of tweaks here and there make. While still quite difficult, it's easier than the Amiga version which is frigging hard.

Xexex (arcade): Having finished the first loop on 2 credits, I should be able to clear it on 1 soon.

3. I've been playing Mario and Luigi Dream Team for the 3DS this week. I'm about 14 hours into the game now, and it's pretty solid so far. These Mario and Luigi RPG games never seem to disappoint. My only real complaint is that they really seemed to play it safe with this game, and it's getting to be time where they need to start adding more to the formula to keep the series fresh.

4. I've been playing Cookie Clicker for like, 2 hours.

5. Fall of Cybertron: Awesome, awesome game. It's got excellent visuals and gameplay, a great story, terrific voice work, and I GET TO PLAY AS FUCKING GRIMLOCK. The last part alone should have made it contender for GOTY. Alas, robotic dinosaurs don't count.

6. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

I was happily enjoying this, finding all the parts and planning the fastest way to run through the whole thing. Then on my final run suddenly the handlebar bros. don't feel like showing up. Oh look, now the bowling alley sluts are conspicuously absent. Bob doesn't feel like talking.

Now instead of having fun I'm scouring the internet reading about spawn times and re-entering areas to force the game to load characters. Some bullshit right here.

7. Quote Originally Posted by cigsthecat View Post
    Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

I was happily enjoying this, finding all the parts and planning the fastest way to run through the whole thing. Then on my final run suddenly the handlebar bros. don't feel like showing up. Oh look, now the bowling alley sluts are conspicuously absent. Bob doesn't feel like talking.

Now instead of having fun I'm scouring the internet reading about spawn times and re-entering areas to force the game to load characters. Some bullshit right here.
    That definitely sounds like 100% Dead Rising. The rules are usually pretty well documented, at least.

I beat uncharted 1, it was ok. There was a lot of things I had to forgive to enjoy the game.

I then started and am almost through uncharted 2, and it is really good. The gushing and awards it received were well deserved.

It's weird, but even though the series is so obviously unrealistic for gameplay sake, I felt the first game was a little too much. Enemies pouring out of holes in the walls, mass murder on a whim, and completely ridiculous platforming physics and sets. The second game is just as over the top with story and action, maybe even more so, but it does it in a much more believable way that makes it a lot more enjoyable to me.
    John / JohnNiner / Niner

8. It's not weird, the first game was a really bad mesh of the characters and story of National Treasure with the combat sensibilities of Commando. It's jarring and nonsensical at best, but usually just boring lock-you-in-a-room-and-vomit-waves-of-enemies like the crappier Metal Slug games. The second one does a much better job of integrating things.

9. I said when I played U2 that they figured out a way to make those awesome cutscenes and QTEs playable. No small feat, and nobody else has done it.