Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teach Me Something TNL!

To the next guy, say "What's that on your arm?" When they tell you, just say, "Oh, I meant the other arm; I thought I saw a spider."

2. Can you find any pics on google of something similar to show us? I am like...ridiculously curious now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    To the next guy, say "What's that on your arm?" When they tell you, just say, "Oh, I meant the other arm; I thought I saw a spider."
    This is an awesome idea.

4. I'll bet they're fistulas.

If you're at work I wouldn't recommend Google image searching that because there's some horrible shit in there, but here's some major points from Wikipedia for you:
    In medicine, a fistula (/ˈfɪstjʊlə/;[1][2] pl. fistulas /ˈfɪstjʊləz/, or fistulae (/ˈfɪstjʊli/ or /ˈfɪstjʊlaɪ/)) is an abnormal connection or passageway between two epithelium-lined organs or vessels that normally do not connect.[3] It is generally a disease condition, but a fistula may be surgically created for therapeutic reasons.

In end stage renal failure patients, a cimino fistula is often deliberately created in the arm by means of a short day surgery in order to permit easier withdrawal of blood for hemodialysis.

As a radical treatment for portal hypertension, surgical creation of a portacaval fistula produces an anastomosis between the hepatic portal vein and the inferior vena cava across the omental foramen (of Winslow). This spares the portal venous system from high pressure which can cause esophageal varices, caput medusae, and hemorrhoids.
    Bolded is what you're most likely seeing. I see them all the time and they frequently stick out of the arms looking like a small pouch or an over-the-top special effect of an artery.

5. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    PICC line?

No idea.
    PICC lines are not going to be seen outside of the hospital and for the most part look like IVs. You're probably thinking of portacaths but those are done in the chest; I've never seen one in an arm and I don't think they ever get placed there.

6. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_mn4vyehYA51qm5wg9o1_1280.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	104.4 KB 
ID:	70742

??

those are implants.

8. Those aren't deformities?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

I wont answer.