Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Orange is The New Black

1. I've heard that the first season was based mostly on the book and this is all new.
    That would explain it, if true.
    I liked the flashbacks into each character's past, but you are correct in that they don't really flesh out the character. They just build upon the one dimension-ability of them.

I really enjoyed season 2. The first is maybe a better overall package but the second one delivers for comedy.

3. Is there anything more heartbreaking than a crying chick?
    Maybe it's just me and my big soft heart, but as much as I hated the one chick who totally deserved bad things to happen, when everything went wrong for her I couldn't help but feel bad for her.
    "Coke Can's" revenge was pretty funny though.

Anyone else catch the dig at Amazon?

4. I really enjoyed season 1. The first two episodes of season 2 were so bad I'm not even watching the rest.

5. Word? I thought Season 2 E1 was one of the best episodes in the series.

6. Season 2 didn't really get good for me until about halfway through. Enjoyed the ending of season 2, could be nice to see where they go from here, but I'm more interested to seeing peoples back stories fleshing out than anything that happens inside Lichfield at this point.
    http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/NGE42/fullnxe/card.png

7. I liked the last episode up until the very end. That was very convenient.

I like how they handle the back stories, any more than that and it'd feel like padding. No one even asks or talks about why they are there, they fucked up and got caught. The chunks are complete stories anyway, how much more do you really need? It's a minimum security facility, how Goodfellas do you think these women really could be?

8. I'm about 4 episodes into season 2, so far I like season 2 a lot better. The moments without Chapman are the best parts :/ It's a so-so show, it's not very thought provoking. It's kind of made for binge watching, even moreso than House of Cards because every episode is basically the exact same with the last minute being a "surprise!!!"
    I'm glad I am watching it, but yeah.....overall it's a C average from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It's a so-so show
    If only!

10. I just saw that episode, let's just say not everything about her is so-so *rimshot*

I like season 2 more than season 1, it's not an amazing show, but way better than House of Cards. The show isn't as squishy as the first season.