Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7171920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam Trading Card Trading Thread

1. Also, suddenly Papers, Please has cards. Hooray!

2. Each card is a dead family member.

3. Can someone explain or point me in the direction to whats the point of steam cards? I've just started using steam after 9 years of non-use.

The cynical but accurate and simple response is that the point is to make Valve a penny or two every time someone sells one on the market, which is as close to printing money as a non-government entity can get. From a user perspective, crafting badges with them raises your Steam level and makes you eligible for booster packs when someone else crafts that badge. These packs can contain regular cards you can then sell or craft into higher level badges or foils, which go for significantly more on the market.

That's the 30,000 foot view. Opaque is whom to ask for the ridiculously detailed explanation of how to exploit them to make $1 an hour.

5. Apparently I have the only Suguri Booster Pack being sold on the market. Think I'll make 5 bucks on it for Japan shooty girl fake trading card JPEGs?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Opaque is whom to ask for the ridiculously detailed explanation of how to exploit them to make $1 an hour.
    all profit is profit, yo

7. Gunhound cards are like $3.50. I need to play this game more.

8. Someone on GAF made a program that will automatically idle all of your games with card drops remaining without even needing to install the games. Free money.

9. sounds smart

10. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Someone on GAF made a program that will automatically idle all of your games with card drops remaining without even needing to install the games. Free money.
    Been doing this all weekend, made $10 so far.