Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam Trading Card Trading Thread

1. Anybody have any leftover Steam Summer Sale cards they don't want? I have an extra Tomb Raider and need Chivalry, Kerbal, Prison and Reus.

Trying to get that Lvl 2 badge considering I've got so many of them already. Hoping Steam level 20 will start dropping booster packs and I can just autopilot this whole thing.

2. I'm level 45 and I only get a booster pack about once every 2-3 weeks.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

3. Balls, that's stupid. I've only been going for completed badge using the pennies I get from selling doubles. I guess you and Opaque, the current Steam YuGiOh masters, threw actual money at this, eh?

4. Not counting the $15 I put into prospecting the Summer Sale cards I'm about $20 in the hole, and most of that was early on. I've sold my higher priced card and bought a lot of cheaper ones to make badges, I've also got almost 60 games with cards and I have gotten almost all of my drops from them.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

5. I'm maybe in the hole $10. Maybe.

I sell expensive cards buy cheap cards and sell all the doubles or stupid wallpapers and icons. I got out of the summer cards relatively unscathed. Get a booster about once a week right now.

You get a 2% increase in booster drop chance per level and of course the more games you have that are eligible for the boosters the more you'll get as well. I've heard rumors about some of the dudes near level 100 with like 200 eligible games getting drops about every day. What games you're eligible for boosters on also matters because they only drop when badges are made for the game.
    Last edited by Opaque; 22 Sep 2013 at 04:44 PM.

any market here to sell or give coupons away? I have a couple I don't want from making badges two 50% off and 1 75%

7. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    What games you're eligible for boosters on also matters because they only drop when badges are made for the game.
    This makes sense since the only boosters I seem to get are for the cheapest badges to craft.

8. This is how I can get such a high level: I made Bastion badges today and one of the backgrounds I got from it sells for like $.80. That's a stupid fucking background that sells for more than a badge. Sell everything you don't care about you get from a level 5 badge and it can basically buy another level 1 badge. It's pretty easy to do and takes like no time.

Of course if you don't find this fun or think the pay off of selling the booster packs is worth it don't bother, but I'll be pretty happy if eventually I get to the point that every week forever I start making a few steam bucks and eventually never really pay for games during sales anymore. I'm not sure what Timbers motivation is but I'm sure its similar.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    I'm not sure what Timbers motivation is but I'm sure its similar.
    More or less, yeah. Plus I'm home way too much and get bored.

its kind of fun, and they keep giving me 50% off coupons.